obfuscation

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Rigachupe
Citizen

obfuscation

Post by Rigachupe »

Hi, when i compile the .love game with JIT with obfuscation on i get an obfuscated .love game file. Then on the mobile it crashes. Did someone find a way how to run an obfuscated game on mobiles?

On mobile i use the "love for android.apk" version 11.3 to run any non obfuscated .love game files.

Maybe it has changed with the version 11.4 and above but on my phone i can not test it. It does not even run because of older android version.

Why i need this? Well... some people like to read the data folder and then solve the game instead of trying for longer period of times or asking someone else to play it and talk about it. ;-)
GVovkiv
Party member

Re: obfuscation

Post by GVovkiv »

Good old "How to obfuscate my code" thread viewtopic.php?p=223862#p223862, maybe you will found what you need.
Why i need this? Well... some people like to read the data folder and then solve the game instead of trying for longer period of times or asking someone else to play it and talk about it. ;-)
I mean, if they enjoy doing that instead of playing game, why not?
And it's not like someone can't manipulate game memory with some cheat engine or similar tools, or try to deobfuscate code, it's not like it impossible or something
On mobile i use the "love for android.apk" version 11.3 to run any non obfuscated .love game files.
LuaJIT byte-code is generally not compatible with different versions, so that might be reason
Rigachupe
Citizen

Post by Rigachupe »

When it is based on score = who wins a prize then i need at least to prevent people from reading the code. Otherwise they would easily get some hints and become first. It is a temptetion yet to be conquered by many :D.
GVovkiv
Party member

Post by GVovkiv »

Rigachupe wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:44 pm When it is based on score = who wins a prize then i need at least to prevent people from reading the code. Otherwise they would easily get some hints and become first. It is a temptetion yet to be conquered by many :D.
If someone able to find hints in someone else's code (that's probably very messy and spaghetti-like), with knowing language that it's programmed with, knows game framework (so they know what they even need and where to find), knows that you can unpack game - then i think they kinda deservers to win, i guess