Love 2D Windows IDE - Open Test [Download Link]

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
mbarcellosdias
Prole

Love 2D Windows IDE - Open Test [Download Link]

Post by mbarcellosdias »

discussion of the "2D IDE LOVE" is the link below.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9151

Hello!
The development tool for 2D love is ready for testing.

I understand that there are a number of limitations, I will describe below and which are already being worked on by the college professor.

- We can not change the default directory of the love 2D, which means we have to install love in 2D Default installer directory (C: \ Program Files (x86) \ LOVE)

- We can set no preference yet, no "change color" in the syntax yet, the default directory love2D, custom shortcuts for the keyboard, etc. ....

- I made a few treatments of error in the program, which can generate some exceptions.

- You can not set a directory for your project, currently you can only use the root folder of a project to store project, while the project explorer is not ready.

I decided to release the test version because I had opened the topic in the excitement of showing the work being done, but I do not I have seen many errors which had to be treated. I tried a few to make the tool usable and keep my word with you in the community, and taking the opportunity to rely on the cooperation of all of you in "bug hunting" and suggestions for improvements to this my final project in college.

Dropbox Link:https://www.dropbox.com/s/kxweqlxbfl1m6 ... %200.1.zip
Croco's Link:http://www.crocko.com/A1A5AF1BFFCE48B7A ... DE_0.1.zip

I apologize for the delay, but I hope you enjoy!
I count on the help of you all on this project.

Translate this text with google translator ... my english is very bad and I preferred not to risk. ;)

Edit**
Features that im working on now!
Now you can save and manipulate the project inside the .love file, insert scripts or/and resources on it.
Now you can save and manipulate the project inside the .love file, insert scripts or/and resources on it.
image1.png (31.49 KiB) Viewed 4102 times
New project explorer.
New project explorer.
image2.png (30.49 KiB) Viewed 4102 times
Last edited by mbarcellosdias on Mon May 21, 2012 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
josefnpat
Inner party member

Re: Love 2D Windows IDE - Open Test [Download Link]

Post by josefnpat »

Are you willing to distribute the source, so linux and mac folk can try it out?
Missing Sentinel Software | Twitter

FORCIBLY IGNORED.
<leafo> when in doubt delete all of your code
<bartbes> git rm -r *
<bartbes> git commit -m "Fixed all bugs"
<bartbes> git push
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

josefnpat wrote:Are you willing to distribute the source, so linux and mac folk can try it out?
Maybe not so easy to compile it since appears to be a .NET application. Should be easier for us (OSX/Linux) use Mono for emulation (or maybe try use the framework for compiling it if source provided).
mbarcellosdias
Prole

Post by mbarcellosdias »

josefnpat wrote:Are you willing to distribute the source, so linux and mac folk can try it out?
Yes, i will.
But at the moment i cant do that, because the program is a Course completion assignment.

So, soon i will share the source code, but just after my graduation.
mbarcellosdias
Prole

Post by mbarcellosdias »

coffee wrote:
Maybe not so easy to compile it since appears to be a .NET application. Should be easier for us (OSX/Linux) use Mono for emulation (or maybe try use the framework for compiling it if source provided).
Yes, i use Visual studio (C# .net).
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

mbarcellosdias wrote:
coffee wrote:
Yes, i use Visual studio (C# .net).
I didn't installed Mono here in OSX but I checked it in virtual XP. Runs well without problems as far I played around. You did a nice effort on that, I had no crashes, no problems. Maybe only downsize is that even being LOVE oriented don't offer yet anything else than any other editor (with LOVE syntax/build option/project) usually offer.
Petunien
Party member

Post by Petunien »

Nice work! Keep it up!

I would like to see a more flexible "Run Game"-system as next, so the files don't have to be in the "project" folder of your program... :)
"Docendo discimus" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
richapple
Citizen

Post by richapple »

Very good editor. It's like best features from Visual Studio and from any other lightweight text editor combined!

Also I have some suggestions/bug reports/questions:
Can you please ..
  • .. make the search start from the beggining of a document if it reaches end?
  • .. add the ability to add bookmarks by pressing on a blank space on the left to line numbers?
  • .. use the name Löve (or LÖVE) rather than Love2D (love2d is used for site domain) you can use

Code: Select all

Convert.ToChar(214) // Ö
    Convert.ToChar(246) // ö