Good noise programs?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
baconhawka7x
Party member

Good noise programs?

Post by baconhawka7x »

I'm VERY unfamiliar with creating sounds for games. So what I'm saying might not even make sence. But I was wondering if there were any programs that make noises and sounds for video games, such as hitting, getting hurt. Stepping, and stuff like that.

Thanks in advanced:)
SudoCode
Citizen

Re: Good noise programs?

Post by SudoCode »

1u4
Prole

Post by 1u4 »

If you 're creative enough with your search, I think freesound could help: http://www.freesound.org/search/?q=game ... advanced=0
There is a story of a farmer whose horse ran away. That evening the neighbors gathered to commiserate with him since this was such bad luck.
He said, "May be." Continued...
timmeh42
Citizen

Post by timmeh42 »

I second SudoCode's suggestion, but I'd give my vote to the next incarnation, which can be used offline as well:

http://www.bfxr.net/

(For reference, as3sfxr and bfxr are developed from DrPetter's sfxr, which is a bit simpler)

Unfortunately, these programs can only produce "8-bit" sounds. Realistic noises are a hang of a lot harder to make as they can't really be just generated.
baconhawka7x
Party member

Post by baconhawka7x »

:D I like all of the programs. But Im gonna stick with bfxr. Because it's an actual application, and like you said, it works offline.