Multiplayer Isometric RPG Framework.

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Averice
Prole

Multiplayer Isometric RPG Framework.

Post by Averice »

Hey guys, I haven't posted around here too much but I've lurked for quite a while, I want to show you guys a project I've been working on for the last few weeks.

It's an Isometric RPG framework with multiplayer support.
It will contain an in-game Tile Editor, Particle Editor, Console( with Lua scripting support ) and an easily modifiable GUI Library.
Multiplayer is still an experiment at this stage ( not implementation, but complexity wise ) I'm not entirely sure on the max players it will support as of now, but I'm hoping for at least 64 per map. ( Master Server -> Server -> Client )

It won't come with any pre-defined game but you will have 2 States for your game (More if you like, State inside State inside State (Stateception?))
but the default 2 will be a Menu, and the Game itself, like I said you can have states inside states all of which have compulsory functions that the framework will call upon automatically (Init, Think, Paint, Mouse/Keyboard) and if need be you can hook into the main code via ( hook.Add("Think", "name", myFunc) )

But anyways, I'll show you some pictures, currently the Tile Editor and GUI library are the only things worthy of pictures yet.

Tile Editor: Supports Multi-Layers, Collision, Entities( Lighting, Triggers etc etc ), Saving maps, Loading Maps

Console: With lua support and console commands ( command.Create("my_command", lua_func) )

And the GUI library is clearly visible in each image, there are a few gui elements such as sliders and html panels that aren't in the screens as of yet.
Sorry there's no download at the moment but it's far from a state where I can manage bug reports/ requests yet.

GitHub: -- https://github.com/Averice-/DeadEngine
Comments and Criticism is recommended and appreciated.
Last edited by Averice on Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
felix24
Party member

Re: Multiplayer Isometric RPG Framework.

Post by felix24 »

looks impressive. keep up the good work :)
Zeliarden
Party member

Post by Zeliarden »

Ohh looks nice!
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
Averice
Prole

Post by Averice »

If anyone has some suggestions as to what they'd like to see in an Isometric framework just let me know in this thread!
Thanks for all the positive comments guys!

EDIT: The editor now has 5 Layers (Ground, Environment, Foliage, Entities, Collision)
Of course foliage and environment are pretty much the same it's just an extra layer for the draw order so people can make some neat looking maps.

Added Undo and Redo buttons to the editor cause I was sick of doing it by hand when I make a mistake.
mva
Prole

Post by mva »

Nice look.
Did you plan to release it? Will it be opensource? Do you plan to create project site with donation requisites? ;)
Averice
Prole

Post by Averice »

It will be OpenSource but I would like credit given.
I've just created a GitHub repo the link is in the OP, I don't suggest trying to run it at the moment, as it's hardly in a working state, this is a massive WIP.
Averice
Prole

Post by Averice »

Doublepost, but the last post was a while ago.

I made the GUI look a little more streamline and clean, Also added 2d top down map support as well as isometric.

Roland_Yonaba
Inner party member

Post by Roland_Yonaba »

Can't wait to taste ... Er sorry, test* it! :ultrahappy:
Averice
Prole

Post by Averice »

Github link now in OP: https://github.com/Averice-/DeadEngine
I wouldn't suggest trying it out right now as it's incredibly early in development.. but hey it's up to you.

IT also requires LoveJIT for LOVE 0.8