[Artist] Looking for Work (closed)

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Somni
Prole

[Artist] Looking for Work (closed)

Post by Somni »

Already found a few projects, so essentially I am not looking for more work at the moment.

I do not know where really to post this since there are no specific forums for recruiting or hiring, so I'll post this here.

I am looking to work with programmers who want to make a simple and small game.
I want to get some experience making graphics for LOVE. If you are patient, and in need of a visual style:

-reply with your name, and availability
-A summary of your game (story mainly)
-your game's features (such as what genre, and what functions players will do)
-what kind of graphic style you are looking for

If you want, you can PM me if you do not want others knowing details.

Again, I am looking to work on a very small project. I am in college, and my attention and skills are divided enough as it is. As you can see from my examples, I like working with soft pixels, meaning, I do not really work with hard-pixel 8-bit graphics (the only 8-bit graphics I do might be characters). I am completely new to LOVE and do not know how to animate with LOVE-I only know how to make graphics.

I prefer to work in a non-commercial project. Working on a commercial game means we'll have to write up a lengthy contract. I still prefer to write a contract for a non-commercial project, just to be on the safe side though (just not as lengthy). I mainly want to enjoy making a small game with someone who is also passionate for making a small game, not for money.

Examples of work I can do in a game:

Last edited by Somni on Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bartbes
Sex machine

Re: [Artist] Looking for Work

Post by bartbes »

Nice artstyle! I'd love to see this getting picked up.
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Post by TechnoCat »

I might PM you in the near future if you are still available for something I am working on.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Yeah. That's some pretty nice art. I mean right now I don't really have a project where it would fit, but if ever get back to my Zelda-style adventure engine, you could probably be useful. lol Even a side-scroller. Currently though I'm obsessed with pseudo 3D. Though I guess this style could work there. Maybe.
alts
Prole

Post by alts »

I sent you an email, but I was wondering if you were interested in just doing work on a new game, or if you'd be interested in doing work on a game that's getting much closer to completion.
Somni
Prole

Post by Somni »

Ok I got all your emails and PMs and I will evaluate which projects I will want to work on. For the time being, this thread no longer applies; I am not looking for more work. If I want to look for more work I'll make a new post mentioning so. Thanks!