Crystal - extensible extension for games written in the extensible extension Lua language

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Zatherz
Prole

Crystal - extensible extension for games written in the extensible extension Lua language

Post by Zatherz »

Crystal is a project I've been working on recently.
Originally, it started as an extension with a few functions for the Amulet game engine.
Later on I've added a simple implementation of timers and a thing I'm pretty proud of - an asset sheet/element based animation system.
The animation system is different from the standard stylesheet animation systems. You add a bunch of elements and then you write the frames with a bunch of tables. This saves disk space of the stylesheet and makes it easier to manipulate the animation through code.
The timer system is a standard one - you remove delta time and if it's less or equal to zero, you set it back to max. Since I used to just repeat the same code over and over in my programs, I decided to make it into a small set of functions.

Just recently today I've finished making Crystal modular, meaning that it became an extensible extension! Along with that came the separation of Amulet dependant functions from general purpose ones and now you can use it everywhere, in Love or even pure Lua!

If you spot an error or incompatibility, please report. Note that this project is still in work and the documentation is going to be released when I feel the project is finished.