Help with Pixel Collision

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
LoneArtisan
Prole

Help with Pixel Collision

Post by LoneArtisan »

Nil
Last edited by LoneArtisan on Mon May 26, 2014 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You know that moment when you finally do that thing you've been trying to accomplish for hours and you finally get it exactly right? No matter how small the task was, it's one of the greatest things that could happen when you're programming!
Ranguna259
Party member

Re: Help with Pixel Collision

Post by Ranguna259 »

Per-Pixel Collision Detection is something that you should not be thinking on making because it uses way to many resources if you are going to use the CPU, you could use the GPU but I can't help you there, I have not idea on how to.
Have you seen the physics module ? People usualy say that it's not what you want to use when you are making a side-scroller games but it's actually a really good tool for all kinds of physics. See Concerned Joe for exemple, it uses Box2D (physics module)
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
Roland_Yonaba
Inner party member

Post by Roland_Yonaba »

Maybe off-topic, but i'll share this.
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

Yep, that loops thought all pixels on the sprite so it'll make things really slow.
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.