Vanish

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
randomasta
Prole

Vanish

Post by randomasta »

Hello!

This is something I make for the Global Game Jam that just finished yesterday. It's an arena shooter with a little twist. The GGJ entry page is here : http://globalgamejam.org/2014/games/vanish

Probably very buggy, the code's a mess to begin with and some last-minute dirty hacks just made it worse. All participants at my jam site are asked to show the game at a local prototype exhibition, so I'll probably add some features and polish (after cleaning up the code). So let me hear what you think! :)

I use the SICK highscore library but for some reason if I package the game as an *.exe the scores always get erased when the game is closed :huh: . Will need to figure that out.

Attachments
Vanish.love
Game
(537.37 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
Jeeper
Party member

Re: Vanish

Post by Jeeper »

Overall i really liked this, good job!

Just minor things that would need to be fixed, but since its a gameJam those are to be expected.

I did however feel like the ship was a bit annoying to maneuver.
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

This is really nice! Sounds and effects work well. Also, the game's mechanics are nice. I like it.

Quite difficult, though :P
I suck at shooting things I can't see... Although the thing that made it most difficult was the low ammo.
trAInsported - Write AI to control your trains
Bandana (Dev blog) - Platformer featuring an awesome little ninja by Micha and me
GridCars - Our jam entry for LD31
Germanunkol.de
Helvecta
Party member

Post by Helvecta »

This game is harder than clay left in the sun for a century (probably because of the controls and not being able to turn on the fly), but it's really aesthetically pleasing. Muy bueno, really solid feel!
I also like how the window title is "They come unseen". I like that title a lot ^^

"Bump." -CMFIend420
IceQB
Citizen

Post by IceQB »

I really like that graphic style!