Police Questz

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Damien666
Prole

Police Questz

Post by Damien666 »

Hey guys, i am new to this forums, but have known about this engine for a long time now. I have recently started on a new game. The game is called Police Questz as the title Police Quests is currently copyrighted I believe. Anyways, i will now describe the game.

Police Questz is a old school RPG style game. You play as the role of Robert Johnson in the Fayettville Police Department , in North Carolina. You have to do your dutys as a officer, while finding out more and more things about the city. You learn about how corrupt the government of the city is, all the crimes that happen that you cant catch, because of corrupted officials, and more. It will have a great compelling story, interesting and fun gameplay, and will be unique!

There is one problem im having and i cant figure it out, on my dialogue system, sometimes it causes it to crash, if someone could help me out with that, that would be great
IsFWOxc.png
IsFWOxc.png (130.74 KiB) Viewed 453 times
GCjN0Gb.png
GCjN0Gb.png (122.81 KiB) Viewed 453 times
DaJDC7Y.png
DaJDC7Y.png (118.98 KiB) Viewed 453 times
Attachments
PQ.love
(229.85 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
jjmafiae
Party member

Re: Police Questz

Post by jjmafiae »

this game could use some better textures, just saying (the character textures are good!)

you could also call it Police Man Super Simulator 3000
Damien666
Prole

Post by Damien666 »

jjmafiae wrote:this game could use some better textures, just saying (the character textures are good!)

you could also call it Police Man Super Simulator 3000

Hmmm, will think about it. :D and i agree. I am terrible artist, i used sprite creater 3 for character
Eamonn
Party member

Post by Eamonn »

Did you get the characters from the Famitsu generator website? They let you make some awesome characters. Maybe you could keep it in mind for your next game, if you haven't used it.

The overall game is good. I enjoyed it. Like JJ said, some of the textures could have been better, but I don't think they're that bad. They suit the game.

So, all in all, very nice game. I'll be keeping an eye on it :D
"In those quiet moments, you come into my mind" - Liam Reilly
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

also this game needs props and things to fill in the maps (cars, trashcans, paper, desks and so on)
Eamonn wrote:Like JJ said, some of the textures could have been better
i like that people call me JJ xD
Damien666
Prole

Post by Damien666 »

Thanks for the feedback, this week ima try to add a real menu, bigger map. If anyone has a good source of tile textures for maps please tell me!
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

Damien666 wrote:Thanks for the feedback, this week ima try to add a real menu, bigger map. If anyone has a good source of tile textures for maps please tell me!
also the character in the menu thingy looks bad next time you resize a picture make sure you do it right (protip if you use paint.net on windows choose pixelated instead of smooth)
DaedalusYoung
Party member

Post by DaedalusYoung »

jjmafiae wrote: also the character in the menu thingy looks bad next time you resize a picture make sure you do it right (protip if you use paint.net on windows choose pixelated instead of smooth)
You can just set the scaling in LÖVE to 'nearest, nearest' as well and that won't make it blurry.
Damien666
Prole

Post by Damien666 »

will be releasing update by friday, i found some open soure lube example, i added multiplayer to my game and will make a menu and etc by friday, and release the update. the game has a dedicated game server, that will probally crash frequently. I will be making a 2D LCPDFR style game ( LCPDFR Is a mod for GTA 4 that lets you RP as a cop ), just wanted to give a quick update
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

Damien666 wrote:will be releasing update by friday, i found some open soure lube example, i added multiplayer to my game and will make a menu and etc by friday, and release the update. the game has a dedicated game server, that will probally crash frequently. I will be making a 2D LCPDFR style game ( LCPDFR Is a mod for GTA 4 that lets you RP as a cop ), just wanted to give a quick update
Was the open-source LUBE demo made by me, by any chance?
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster