You are the koopa

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
AtomCastDev
Prole

You are the koopa

Post by AtomCastDev »

Yup, a new project is in the horizon! It is in a very very early state but it's enough to be called a game ;D
67Oc87y.png
67Oc87y.png (13.06 KiB) Viewed 460 times
I finally got jumping to work on the game :D
7mNeO2Z.png
7mNeO2Z.png (11.9 KiB) Viewed 460 times
Updates in 0.2.0 ALPHA

* Added floor textures

* Added Koopa character

* Added character animations

* Added jumping, gravity and the on ground boolean

* Released the game

Updates in 0.1.0 ALPHA

* Added background

* Added character *circle*

* Added floor collision

Features implemented

* Jumping, no float.

* Background

* Very simple floor collision

* The chance to play a Koopa

Features to be implemented

* The chance to play a Koopa with its own special story that connects with the original mario story

* Gatling shells. *shoot's koopa shells, on par with the SMW fire balls

* Koopa wings *reduces gravity and enables air jumping*

* In total the Koopa main character has 2 lives,one being the shelled version and the no-shell version.

* Red koopa shell which will make you invincible for about 15 seconds *might not be included*

Story
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cooper The Koopa is a young Koopa Troopa who's family has been killed by the Plumber brothers Luigi and Mario, he doesn't even know the meaning of why they killed them but all he knows is that it was Bowser's fault, he was fed up with Bowser and started to rebel and without anyone to trust or any friends to have his back , he only has his wits his parkour skills and his weird but awesome power-ups. Its time for revenge and Rebellion. * awesome bg music plays*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Attachments
gamefile.love
(67.71 KiB) Downloaded 701 times
Last edited by AtomCastDev on Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:40 am, edited 8 times in total.
Sharing the one world

Also check out my friend's game!
http://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=43276
retrotails
Party member

Re: You are the koopa

Post by retrotails »

I respect you want to keep this to yourself for now but perhaps this thread would be best.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2198
Unrelated, I think Mario and Luigi being clones is a bit predictable, maybe you should kill Toads, SMB3 kings etc or even other common enemies because the main character is fed up with Bowser, and leave the brothers for bosses.
veethree
Inner party member

Post by veethree »

There's really no need to create a thread for a game that doesn't even have a screenshot yet.
AtomCastDev
Prole

Post by AtomCastDev »

retrotails wrote:I respect you want to keep this to yourself for now but perhaps this thread would be best.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2198
Unrelated, I think Mario and Luigi being clones is a bit predictable, maybe you should kill Toads, SMB3 kings etc or even other common enemies because the main character is fed up with Bowser, and leave the brothers for bosses.
Hmm, that is actually quite a good idea.But from a users point of view do you think mario should team up with the main character koopa or have them as an equal threat for killing his family?
Sharing the one world

retrotails
Party member

Post by retrotails »

AtomCastDev wrote:Hmm, that is actually quite a good idea.But from a users point of view do you think mario should team up with the main character koopa or have them as an equal threat for killing his family?
Considering it with gameplay having the most importance, I'd say they shouldn't be allies. A relatively gritty story shouldn't have accurate representations of the main characters in the official games, plus they'd only be a possible 2nd playable character, which would make more sense being a different colored koopa so as to have the same exact abilities.
AtomCastDev
Prole

Post by AtomCastDev »

retrotails wrote:
AtomCastDev wrote:Hmm, that is actually quite a good idea.But from a users point of view do you think mario should team up with the main character koopa or have them as an equal threat for killing his family?
Considering it with gameplay having the most importance, I'd say they shouldn't be allies. A relatively gritty story shouldn't have accurate representations of the main characters in the official games, plus they'd only be a possible 2nd playable character, which would make more sense being a different colored koopa so as to have the same exact abilities.
relative to gameplay I may also add/replace some power ups,since the koopa already have two lives the mushrooms will be replaced by fireball prototypes,instead of fire it will shoot shells and also I may add another power up:wings that will make you fly but the occurance of this kind of power up will be rare.
Sharing the one world