Crashes Immediately

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
atl101
Prole

Crashes Immediately

Post by atl101 »

I am on Windows 7 x86 and recently installed Love 0.7.1 Windows 32-bit. After running the program, Love immediately crashes and the typical windows error report pops up saying "Love.exe has stopped working" and prompts me to submit a failure report. I read earlier posts where the 0.7.1 release was supposed to fix this, does anyone know why this still happens or how it can be fixed? I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, doesn't seem to make a difference. I've also tried running it in a number of different compatibility modes.
bartbes
Sex machine

Re: Crashes Immediately

Post by bartbes »

I've heard reports that there was still a small problem with one of the libraries, which should be fixed in 0.7.2 (which is mysteriously delaying itself..), I wonder if anyone remembers what the workaround was?
Boolsheet
Inner party member

Post by Boolsheet »

bartbes wrote:I wonder if anyone remembers what the workaround was?
Depends. First, the requirements of LÖVE 0.7.1 for Windows are:
Visual C++ 2005 Runtime
SSE2 (Can't do anything about that if your CPU does not support it)

If that doesn't help, then we have to use debugging tools to get more information.
Shallow indentations.
atl101
Prole

Post by atl101 »

Thanks. I just tried installing it though Love still crashes. I've also tried both the 0.6.2 and 0.7.0 builds and the same thing happens so I'm guessing it's my computer. I have an AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60 Mobile with 2.0 GHz. Not really the best processor, but I know AMD added SSE2 to most of their processors in 2003. Maybe mine doesn't support it?
Boolsheet
Inner party member

Post by Boolsheet »

Yeah, wikipedia says they do have SSE2.

Windows saves some error messages more verbose in the event log. Check if it says something in there that could help us.
(If you don't know how to open the event log: Start -> Run -> enter "eventvwr.msc" -> Ok)

I'll send you a PM about the debugging tools.

It could also be caused by the graphics driver. I've experienced problems with a Radeon 9200 and the Catalyst 6.11 (or something) driver. The default Windows XP driver was slow, but worked.
Shallow indentations.