Dove: A Love2D fork.

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
DevBug
Prole

Dove: A Love2D fork.

Post by DevBug »

Dove is my Love2D fork, it's aim is to enlarge the love feature set and fix issues. I'm thinking about adding support for shaders. Here is Dove's repository (it's Git btw). I would love suggestions on things that I should add, remove or change.

What I've done so far:
* Added more control over alpha blending. Use love.graphics.setBlendFunc(src, dest) and love.graphics.getBlendFunc(). See the blending example.
* Added love.mousefocus(f). See the mouse_focus example.
* Changed love.graphics.clear() to add support for love.graphics.clear(r, g, b, a)
* Framebuffers need to be explicity cleared.

Todo:
* Add support for video playback
* Add support for shaders

Here is a compiled demo for Windows: http://anyhub.net/file/22pA-dove-0.7.1-win-x86.tar
Last edited by DevBug on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
crow
Party member

Re: Dove: A Love2D fork.

Post by crow »

DevBug wrote:Dove is my Love2D fork, it's aim is to enlarge the love feature set and fix issues. I'm thinking about adding support for shaders. Here is Dove's repository (it's Git btw). I would love suggestions on things that I should add, remove or change.

What I've done so far:
* Added more control over alpha blending. Use love.graphics.setBlendFunc(src, dest) and love.graphics.getBlendFunc(). See the blending example.
* Added love.mousefocus(f). See the mouse_focus example.
Nice see other forks coming out from LÖVE but don't you have a complied demo ?
Sir Kittenface
Möko IDE Codename (Erös) Returns Soon

I am dyslexic so if any of my replys confusing please just ask me to reword it as this will make things a lot easier for all parties lol.
DevBug
Prole

Post by DevBug »

I can compile you one for windows; unfortunately I don't have a quick access to a Linux distro.
crow
Party member

Post by crow »

DevBug wrote:I can compile you one for windows; unfortunately I don't have a quick access to a Linux distro.
I am only a windows user have a look at the post in my sig you see I am not just on windows I am limited to windows :neko:
I can use mac and linux but I can't script for them.
Sir Kittenface

I am dyslexic so if any of my replys confusing please just ask me to reword it as this will make things a lot easier for all parties lol.
DevBug
Prole

Post by DevBug »

I've uploaded a demo, you can get it in the original post.
crow
Party member

Post by crow »

I would put windows arks in compressed zip/rars exe or zip and linux as .tar but thanks :) I give it a play with later on today.
Sir Kittenface

DevBug
Prole

Post by DevBug »

I guess.
crow
Party member

Post by crow »

I tried the demos and they seems to be all working but why do you need to enable console on all of them when its not printing anything in runtime?
The mouse and buffer demos also look the same part form one is black and white and the other is white and black, not sure what diff is as I am not
big on the game side of things at the moment but many making the 2 demos little diff or not lol :neko:

Just a thought or 2 of mine :)
Sir Kittenface

DevBug
Prole

Post by DevBug »

The frame buffer demo shows the use of explicitly clearing, I'll probably change that and move it into the frame buffer object. The mouse focus example shows the mousefocus event. These little improvements are nothing, I've got some ideas for bigger feature set.
crow
Party member

Post by crow »

I was just giving me feed back :) like I said I really n00bie with LÖVE at the moment.
Sir Kittenface