Love Game Builder - Supports 5.0, 7.0

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
azin
Prole

Love Game Builder - Supports 5.0, 7.0

Post by azin »

Updates:
Uploaded GameBuilder7.0v3 for love 7.0 version. i fixed all the bugs and added some new functions.

Code: Select all

GameBuilder 7.0v2 Changelog:
new mouse category with mouse functions.
more audio options
More font options
fixed all the bugs
fixed most of the bugs making it stable and more compatible with love 7.0
Screenshot function added
Audio - add sound code, volume, and pitch
Text - added text colors
Changed codes to work with love 7.0

Code: Select all

GameBuilder 5.0v2 Changelog:
Text color - add text color
Audio - more options
Hover mouse - hover your mouse over the x, y area and get an instant flip switch
Click boxes - left-click with the mouse on the x, y area and get a flip switch
Image buttons - click on the image and get a flip switch.
Love Game Builder:
Description: It has been a while since i wanted to make a game builder or at least something to aid in creating lua games quicker so i create this. This program is a text editor built for love it inserts codes such as love.graphics.draw, love.audio.newMusic with a few clicks.

Features:
Quick code insert:
- Fonts (inserts default font can be changed)
- Text (insert normal text at x and y)
- Keyboard (insert keyboard keys)
- Animation (insert animation image codes, update, draw, load)
- Image (insert image, and draw)
- Audio (add, play)
- Functions (quick already to go functions, quit, reset, fullscreen, object movement)
- Setup (default workspace)
- Conf (creates a game.conf)
- HUD (HP Bar, MP Bar)
- Examples (at the moment only helloworld.lua)
- Build (creates .exe and .love files of your game)
- System (save, and load function)

Instructions:
go to the "C:\GameBuilder" or "C:\LuaGameBuilder\" folders and run GameBuilder.exe

im still figuring out how to make it better and what kind of functions/codes to add if you guys have any ideas you can tell me and i will update it. some things are incomplete but im working on it.

Download:
GameBuilder5.0v2:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZD1JBW2G
- installs to "C:\LuaGameBuilder"

GameBuilder7.0v3:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KABSRTJN
- installs directly to "C:\GameBuilder\"
Attachments
GameBuilder2.jpg
GameBuilder2.jpg (181.3 KiB) Viewed 9362 times
Last edited by azin on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:55 pm, edited 15 times in total.
TylertheDesigner
Citizen

Re: Love Game Builder

Post by TylertheDesigner »

Excellent!
I'm really looking forward to testing this out.

Is the editor built in Love?
azin
Prole

Post by azin »

it took me awhile to learn how to completely use it, and the way it works (the saving variables and files and loading files outside the .exe/.love) if you want a lua game/app to be built with only main.lua, and game.conf and make it so that it loads files outside the .exe/.love for example loads a background.jpg file then it must be placed inside the appdata love folder inside the folder with the same name as the lua program .exe. but the tricky part is how you name it. for example "Appdata\LuaGameApp.exe\" the LuaGameApp.exe is a folder not an .exe it just reads/loads like that. i hope that was not confusing lol im trying to explain it in the best way i can think of at the minute.

the most common errors, and annoying ones are if you do not have the needed files inside the appdata love folder you will either get the blue screen or a black screen.

nope it's built with another program. i am trying to create a lua program that edits lua games, but love has a lot of problems. if you run background.exe you will see that it is created in love and is in the early stages of being able to create games in a way, but chances are some people will encounter a problem with it.
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

At the moment it only supports love 5.0
:(
azin
Prole

Post by azin »

yea i kno o_o lol, but my Game builder comes with the 5.0 installer, and 5.0 .dll files inside the LuaGameBuilder folder so you dont have to install 5.0 and still enjoy the newer version. just click build and you got yourself a .exe build from 5.0 files. The 5.0 api isn't that much of a difference.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

azin wrote:yea i kno o_o lol, but my Game builder comes with the 5.0 installer, and 5.0 .dll files inside the LuaGameBuilder folder so you dont have to install 5.0 and still enjoy the newer version. just click build and you got yourself a .exe build from 5.0 files. The 5.0 api isn't that much of a difference.
What, between 0.5.0 ad 0.6.0? There's a HUGE difference. Like completely incompatible with each other like so many enhancements that 5 can't even do.

HUGE difference. So much that 5 is so outdated it should be in a museum.
azin
Prole

Post by azin »

Jasoco wrote:
azin wrote:yea i kno o_o lol, but my Game builder comes with the 5.0 installer, and 5.0 .dll files inside the LuaGameBuilder folder so you dont have to install 5.0 and still enjoy the newer version. just click build and you got yourself a .exe build from 5.0 files. The 5.0 api isn't that much of a difference.
What, between 0.5.0 ad 0.6.0? There's a HUGE difference. Like completely incompatible with each other like so many enhancements that 5 can't even do.

HUGE difference. So much that 5 is so outdated it should be in a museum.
i was talking about if you use 6.0 or 7.0 would it be hard to look back at 5.0? unless the codes were changed lol
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

From my understanding you'd have to completely rewrite substantial parts of your code if you were to switch between 0.5 and 0.6/0.7. I think many of the changes were direct improvements, so it kind of hurts to go back to a version that you know doesn't do things quite as well as you're used to.
azin
Prole

Post by azin »

slime wrote:From my understanding you'd have to completely rewrite substantial parts of your code if you were to switch between 0.5 and 0.6/0.7. I think many of the changes were direct improvements, so it kind of hurts to go back to a version that you know doesn't do things quite as well as you're used to.
well then i will hurry up with my 5.0 game builder version and go up the ladder til i hit the latest version lol.
Geti
Party member

Post by Geti »

The point is less that "the codes have changed" and more that everything is just plain incompatible. Callbacks are renamed, modules removed, modules added, module functions removed, added and changed, everything is different.

0.5.0 is obsolete, essentially. No-one here uses it. Don't bother doing an 0.5.0 game builder, you won't get it tested by many people and you'll be burning your time.