trAInsported

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
substitute541
Party member

Re: trAInsported: Alpha testers needed

Post by substitute541 »

I think you're trAInsported wiki should be a Wikia wiki. The interface is cleaner, I guess. Lemme create a Wikia version of your wiki :P.

Edit: Aaand, here it is! The (un)Official Wiki of trAInsported!
Currently designing themes for WordPress.

Sometimes lurks around the forum.
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

substitute541 wrote: Edit: Aaand, here it is! The (un)Official Wiki of trAInsported!
Uh, that was fast!

Thanks. The problem I have with this wiki is the Advertisements :(
I can edit the styles of the trAInsported wiki - it's not done yet. I'll try to make it nicer in the next few days, all right? :D
The current goal was just to get enough information up there to let people get started. The stylesheet was just a quick-and-dirty edit of the standard one.

I see you uploaded a new AI! :D
Have you tried selecting all 3 of your AIs in compete mode and letting them challenge each other? Which one is the best?
trAInsported - Write AI to control your trains
Bandana (Dev blog) - Platformer featuring an awesome little ninja by Micha and me
GridCars - Our jam entry for LD31
Germanunkol.de
Wojak
Party member

Post by Wojak »

This is a fun "Ai test polygon/ educational game" :awesome: but i have some notes:
1) in tutorial 3 there is a little bug - 'tarin.paddengerX' and 'tarin.paddengerY' are not a thing... you should change the hint to 'tarin.passenger.destX'
2) there should be a way to minimize the hint windows in the tutorials, they sometimes block the general map view and console outputs
3) the same ting should apply to the stats window (train name, number of trains and number of passengers delivered)

And few questions:
1) should ai.foundPassengers be called even when a train has a passenger on board, or is this a bug?
2) is there a way to get the train direction/rotation at any point?
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

Wojak wrote:This is a fun "Ai test polygon/ educational game" :awesome: but i have some notes:
1) in tutorial 3 there is a little bug - 'tarin.paddengerX' and 'tarin.paddengerY' are not a thing... you should change the hint to 'tarin.passenger.destX'
2) there should be a way to minimize the hint windows in the tutorials, they sometimes block the general map view and console outputs
3) the same ting should apply to the stats window (train name, number of trains and number of passengers delivered)
Hey, thanks for your upload - your AI is doing very well!
(http://trainsportedgame.no-ip.org/ai.ph ... tupidTest1)

And thanks a lot for the feedback:
1) This has been corrected. Sorry, it was old syntax. It'll hopefully be fine in the next version.
2) and 3) You know you can click and drag the tutorial windows? Not the statistics though - I'll think about being able to hide them. Maybe with a keyboard hotkey...
Wojak wrote: And few questions:
1) should ai.foundPassengers be called even when a train has a passenger on board, or is this a bug?
2) is there a way to get the train direction/rotation at any point?
[/quote][/quote]
1) Yes, this is not a bug. The reason is that a player can decide to remove the current passenger and pick up another one. This is so that you can, for example, decide to pick up VIPs to get more money, even if you're already holding a passenger.
2) I've added this to the new version. In the new version there the train passed to chooseDirection() also has a "dir" field and the nextX and nextY fields point to the junction the train will move to.
I'll upload this version in the next few days...
Thanks again for the feedback!
Bandana (Dev blog) - Platformer featuring an awesome little ninja by Micha and me
Germanunkol.de
Wojak
Party member

Post by Wojak »

Germanunkol wrote:Hey, thanks for your upload - your AI is doing very well!
(http://trainsportedgame.no-ip.org/ai.ph ... tupidTest1)
Even though it do not use proper path finding and has two critical flaws :crazy:
jonyzz
Prole

Post by jonyzz »

Is it possible to update existing AI? The server doesn't allow me to upload AI with the same name, so the only way seems to be delete AI and reupload it again (I suppose this will also erase AI statistics).
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

Yes, right now, you can only replace the AI with a new one.

I might change this later, but right now it won't matter much if you do it, anyways, I'll need to reset the scores in a few days anyways, as I'm going to update the server software - there seems to be a bug in the live display of matches.

I'm thinking of automatically resetting the scores at the beginning of every month... and then just log who won this month's battle.
Germanunkol.de
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

This is the bestest most bloody intuitive game I have ever played.
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

Davidobot wrote:This is the bestest most bloody intuitive game I have ever played.
That warmed my heart. Thank you!

Got some teasers of the upcoming version for you all:
Image Image

And also: Automated Maze-Generation:
Image Image
There will be a challange-map interface - so everyone can code their own matches and rules for winning! Then you'll be able to share the maps with others through my website.
The above were made in this "challenge-editor".
Germanunkol.de
substitute541
Party member

Post by substitute541 »

Who made "somepic.someserver.de"? The name is just a bit hilarious.

Edit: Hehehehe....
Currently designing themes for WordPress.

Sometimes lurks around the forum.