ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE v0.70 is out

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
paulclinger
Party member

Re: ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE v0.70 is out

Post by paulclinger »

rmcode wrote:I'm using v0.80 and wanted to ask if there is a way to make the cursor in a file jump to the line which is currently debugged?
@rmcode, you mean something like "Show Next Statement" that moves the cursor to the "current" marker during debugging? Not yet, but it's been on my todo list. I've been thinking whether to implement this or to do a more general dropdown with navigation for all markers (breakpoints, bookmarks, and the current line). It seems like the latter may be more powerful/useful, so I'm still pondering the options. Paul.
rmcode
Party member

Post by rmcode »

paulclinger wrote:
rmcode wrote:I'm using v0.80 and wanted to ask if there is a way to make the cursor in a file jump to the line which is currently debugged?
@rmcode, you mean something like "Show Next Statement" that moves the cursor to the "current" marker during debugging? Not yet, but it's been on my todo list. I've been thinking whether to implement this or to do a more general dropdown with navigation for all markers (breakpoints, bookmarks, and the current line). It seems like the latter may be more powerful/useful, so I'm still pondering the options. Paul.
What problem was, that somehow my eyes jumped to the highlighted line where the cursor was (guess because it stands out more than the little green marker at the side). Took me a second look to find the actual line debug marker.
zero.png
zero.png (27.69 KiB) Viewed 2756 times
It would be cool if the "debugged" line would be highlighted too... maybe in a light green?
paulclinger
Party member

Post by paulclinger »

rmcode wrote:It would be cool if the "debugged" line would be highlighted too... maybe in a light green?
Try adding

Code: Select all

styles.marker.currentline.ch = wxstc.wxSTC_MARK_UNDERLINE
to the config. It will underline the current line instead of using the green marker in the margin. It's possible to change the background as well, but it's not visible under the current line, so it makes things a bit confusing (and there is a small bug with refresh for background markers that I already fixed, but still need to push).

If you want to change the color as well, try something like this:

styles.marker.currentline = {ch = wxstc.wxSTC_MARK_UNDERLINE, bg = {0, 0, 255}}
(it will make it blue); the color values are {r, g, b}.
rmcode
Party member

Post by rmcode »

paulclinger wrote:
rmcode wrote:It would be cool if the "debugged" line would be highlighted too... maybe in a light green?
Try adding

styles.marker.currentline.ch = wxstc.wxSTC_MARK_UNDERLINE
to the config. It will underline the current line instead of using the green marker in the margin. It's possible to change the background as well, but it's not visible under the current line, so it makes things a bit confusing (and there is a small bug with refresh for background markers that I already fixed, but still need to push).

If you want to change the color as well, try something like this:

styles.marker.currentline = {ch = wxstc.wxSTC_MARK_UNDERLINE, bg = {0, 0, 255}}
(it will make it blue); the color values are {r, g, b}.
Thanks for the fast reply - gonna try that :) I only started ZeroBrane today, so I didn't have the time to look through all of the config possibilities yet.