LÖVE 0.8.0 Released

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
graciecares
Prole

Re: LÖVE 0.8.0 Released

Post by graciecares »

love it love it :ultrahappy:

two thumbs up :awesome:
lepereporcher
Prole

Post by lepereporcher »

Thank you very much for this masterpiece ! I löve it !!!
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

So just curious but is the LuaJIT version posted way back in April still the most current LuaJIT version of Löve 0.8.0? Just wondering since it's been almost a year and want to make sure I have the latest. Also I need to have a friend test my project and want to make sure he downloads the right version of both the normal and LuaJIT Löve.
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

Jasoco wrote:So just curious but is the LuaJIT version posted way back in April still the most current LuaJIT version of Löve 0.8.0? Just wondering since it's been almost a year and want to make sure I have the latest. Also I need to have a friend test my project and want to make sure he downloads the right version of both the normal and LuaJIT Löve.
I'm not going to update my public LuaJIT builds until 0.8.1 is released, so the ones from April are the most current that I've made, although they use a now-outdated LuaJIT beta. Perhaps someone else has built LÖVE with a more recent version.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Any idea on when 0.8.1 is coming thereabouts? Last night I gave my current project to my friend to test on both versions only to find out he has one of the ATI cards that cause crashes. (Supposedly. He hasn't gotten back to me and I have no way of interacting with him personally to troubleshoot.)
szensk
Party member

Post by szensk »

Jasoco wrote:Any idea on when 0.8.1 is coming thereabouts? Last night I gave my current project to my friend to test on both versions only to find out he has one of the ATI cards that cause crashes. (Supposedly. He hasn't gotten back to me and I have no way of interacting with him personally to troubleshoot.)
Last night I built the latest default branch (0.8.1?) with Lua linked dynamically. You can download it here. The lua51.dll included is Luajit 2.0.0, it also works fine with Lua 5.1. It should include this fix, if that's your issue.

Edit: Corrected build, updated to next nightly.
Last edited by szensk on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

szensk wrote:
Jasoco wrote:Any idea on when 0.8.1 is coming thereabouts? Last night I gave my current project to my friend to test on both versions only to find out he has one of the ATI cards that cause crashes. (Supposedly. He hasn't gotten back to me and I have no way of interacting with him personally to troubleshoot.)
Last night I built the latest default branch (0.8.1?) with Lua linked dynamically. You can download it here. The lua51.dll included is Luajit 2.0.0, it also works fine with Lua 5.1. It should include this fix, if that's your issue.
Actually interestingly enough, when I gave my project to my friend I gave him links to the normal version and the LuaJIT version. He had only tested it in the normal one because he didn't think Windows could have both versions installed at once and didn't know you could drag files onto EXE's. So when he tested it later by dragging it into the LuaJIT version it worked. Was something fixed with the LuaJIT version having to do with the crash?
Boolsheet
Inner party member

Post by Boolsheet »

Jasoco wrote:Was something fixed with the LuaJIT version having to do with the crash?
szensk linked to an issue that should explain why. The fix was pushed just after 0.8.0 was released. It's included in szensk's because his build uses a very recent version of the source code.

I made a 0.8.0 Windows build with just that fix after quite a few people asked about that issue.

szensk: Did you modify anything in your build? The no-game screen comes up weird for me, I think it's just the pink clear color. Also, it looks like you linked love.exe to the static C runtime library and lua51.dll to the dynamic one. Lua's stdout and stderr will not be visible this way.
Shallow indentations.
szensk
Party member

Post by szensk »

Boolsheet wrote:szensk: Did you modify anything in your build? The no-game screen comes up weird for me, I think it's just the pink clear color. Also, it looks like you linked love.exe to the static C runtime library and lua51.dll to the dynamic one. Lua's stdout and stderr will not be visible this way.
Yes I did, it looks like I uploaded the wrong build. Thanks for pointing out the linking issue. Here is the corrected binary (Rev. 1199, Release Static).
Hexenhammer
Party member

Post by Hexenhammer »

szensk wrote:
Boolsheet wrote:szensk: Did you modify anything in your build? The no-game screen comes up weird for me, I think it's just the pink clear color. Also, it looks like you linked love.exe to the static C runtime library and lua51.dll to the dynamic one. Lua's stdout and stderr will not be visible this way.
Yes I did, it looks like I uploaded the wrong build. Thanks for pointing out the linking issue. Here is the corrected binary (Rev. 1199, Release Static).
Thanks for the binary! :awesome:

BTW are there any LÖVE+LuaJIT 2.0.1 (released a while ago) builds yet?