PlatformGuy! V0.4

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
WolfNinja2
Party member

Re: PlatformGuy! V0.4

Post by WolfNinja2 »

ananasblau wrote:Am I the only one to hit left/right first and then the up button?
What do ya mean? XD
AND also here's an update, I am done with this game, I'll add one more level and make a few other easter eggs (Maybe) and then I'm moving on, adding more things is becoming to diffucult due to my newb sloppy code :)

Look forward to whatever I make next! Thanks everyone who helped as I made this and people who replied!!!!

Had a great time with this one! :)

-Wolf
Puzzlem00n
Party member

Post by Puzzlem00n »

Starting over, eh? I approve, I suppose, if the structure at the bottom of the game isn't supporting your growth anymore.

Suggested goals for your next game, especially if it's a platformer:
  • -Better organized and indented code designed for readability
    -A better way to handle those longer jumps the more up's held down
    -Whatever you can do to make it feel more polished
Good luck with your next endeavors!
I LÖVE, therefore I am.
Qcode
Party member

Post by Qcode »

Puzzlem00n wrote:Starting over, eh? I approve, I suppose, if the structure at the bottom of the game isn't supporting your growth anymore.

Suggested goals for your next game, especially if it's a platformer:
  • -Better organized and indented code designed for readability
    -A better way to handle those longer jumps the more up's held down
    -Whatever you can do to make it feel more polished
Good luck with your next endeavors!
All of this, plus I'd suggest a better gamestate system. Creating new states for different levels will start to be extremely tedious, especially if elements of each level are mostly the same. That way you could probably save a lot of time.
WolfNinja2
Party member

Post by WolfNinja2 »

Qcode wrote: All of this, plus I'd suggest a better gamestate system. Creating new states for different levels will start to be extremely tedious, especially if elements of each level are mostly the same. That way you could probably save a lot of time.
Yeah, I need gamestates like "playing" and "menu" then a level variable for while you're playing. I was a newbie newb when I started. Next time it will be better xD (VERY NEWBIE NEWB. Still kind of a newb but not as bad as before ) :D

-Wolf