ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE v0.70 is out

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
paulclinger
Party member

Re: ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE v0.70 is out

Post by paulclinger »

Rudenko wrote:Thank you for awesome IDE!
I wonder, can ZBS do autocomplete for functions loops etc ?
like sublime text 3 on screenshot.
thank you!
Thank you for the feedback. You can configure auto-complete to do something similar, but what you are looking for is probably code snippets, which ZBS doesn't support yet. It's on the list, but not a top priority item.
dan369
Prole

Post by dan369 »

Suggestion; For a quick change for changing the project directory a double click on the root node brings up the file dialog, that would be nice to have! :)
paulclinger
Party member

Post by paulclinger »

dan369 wrote:Suggestion; For a quick change for changing the project directory a double click on the root node brings up the file dialog, that would be nice to have! :)
@dan369, I thought about something similar, but it would overload that root node, which was already busy ;). You can use F2 to edit the label on the root node and whatever path you enter will become the new project path. There is also Choose Project Directory button on the toolbar right above the project tree.
dan369
Prole

Post by dan369 »

paulclinger wrote:
dan369 wrote:Suggestion; For a quick change for changing the project directory a double click on the root node brings up the file dialog, that would be nice to have! :)
@dan369, I thought about something similar, but it would overload that root node, which was already busy ;). You can use F2 to edit the label on the root node and whatever path you enter will become the new project path. There is also Choose Project Directory button on the toolbar right above the project tree.
OOHH! I did not notice that :).
Well, perhaps a tool-tip would be nice (not sure if thats the correct term but one of those hovering labels.) Just for extra clarity because in all honesty i completely overloooked it many a time.
paulclinger
Party member

Post by paulclinger »

> Well, perhaps a tool-tip would be nice (not sure if thats the correct term but one of those hovering labels.) Just for extra clarity because in all honesty i completely overloooked it many a time.

Agree; there is a tooltip for toolbar icons. You just need to mouse over the toolbar and wait a bit ;).

BTW, those of you running ZBS on Windows may now try Refresh project tree plugin, which will refresh the project tree when any of the files/directories in the project change on disk. OSX and Linux users will need to wait a bit for wxwidgets upgrade in ZBS.
dan369
Prole

Post by dan369 »

Odd... quite literally had my cursor over the new file toolbar icon for a good minute+, nothing appears :/
paulclinger
Party member

Post by paulclinger »

dan369 wrote:Odd... quite literally had my cursor over the new file toolbar icon for a good minute+, nothing appears :/
Odd indeed. It takes less than a second for the tooltip to appear (and it's configured for all toolbar icons and appears even over those that are disabled). I tested on Windows (Vista), OSX (10.7.x), and Linux (Ubuntu 12.04) and they all show the tooltip in the toolbar. Do tooltips work when you mouse of functions in the editor (like "print()")?
dan369
Prole

Post by dan369 »

Okay, so now for some reason they decide to work :neko:. Not sure what happened there.
paulclinger
Party member

Post by paulclinger »

Clouds wrote:- Well, there's a "run+debug" button, but only a menu item+hotkey for plain "run". A GUI button for plain "run" - reasonable?
@Clouds, I added "Run" and "Run as Scratchpad" buttons, but they are disabled by default (for now, while I'm figuring out if they are well received). To enable them, add the following to the config:

Code: Select all

local G = ...
toolbar.icons[G.ID_RUN] = true
toolbar.icons[G.ID_RUNNOW] = true
Run as scratchpad is a "sticky" button as it's used as a push button to start/stop live coding.

You can also remove any of the existing toolbar buttons by similarly setting the value referenced by their ID to false (for example: toolbar.icons[G.ID_FIND] = false).
dan369
Prole

Post by dan369 »

So this happened earlier;

The bottom rectangle is the current code I was viewing. Also my cursor was at the comment position and not the other position.