LÖVE-JAM?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
thegenius
Prole

Re: LÖVE-JAM?

Post by thegenius »

slime wrote:Next weekend works out pretty good for me (14th-16th).
October 15th is when the third episode of the second season of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic airs, it can't be on that date. :|
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

thegenius wrote:
slime wrote:Next weekend works out pretty good for me (14th-16th).
October 15th is when the third episode of the second season of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic airs, it can't be on that date. :|
I need to watch that show, I haven't got around to it yet. Maybe we could have a group LÖVE watching session where we all take a break from the Jam? :P
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

I played around with flamejam (a gamejam site thingy), and pretty much set it up, so let's announce this.

In my opinion there should really be two weekend game jams, both friday-sunday (UTC, midnight to midnight), first solo, then teams the next weekend (or a week pause?). In any case, if we do do that, I volunteer to 'host' the solo jam, which will basically involve me randomly picking a theme from a list you provide me, and making sure it all goes well (I'll try to be available as much as possible). However, since I want to participate in the team jam, and it would be unfair/unwise for me to host a jam I am participating in (even though the software shouldn't allow any cheating), this means we still need someone/multiple people to host the team jam.

So, this is where you decide whether you'll take the deal ;).

Also, if you feel like helping me, or (helping with) hosting the team one, do speak up!
Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

Post by Taehl »

I suppose I could 'host' the team jam if Ensayia isn't available for / doesn't want to join me in it.

EDIT) This was my 666th post. Oh yeah! Who /wouldn't/ want the Beast to host a jam?
Last edited by Taehl on Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

The site looks great, by the way.
Taehl wrote:I suppose I could 'host' the team jam if Ensayia isn't available for / doesn't want to join me in it.
The Mark of the Beast!
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Svenstaro
Prole

Post by Svenstaro »

bartbes wrote:I played around with flamejam (a gamejam site thingy), and pretty much set it up, so let's announce this.
Yay! If you have any problems with it (I'm sure you'll have actually), please don't hesitate to open issues on our tracker over at Github. We'd love to see more people use it. In fact if you know how to use Python I'll be happy about pull requests.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Well, it's mostly the fact that everything is 'hardcoded'... Some abstraction would be nice, anyway, I tweaked it quite a bit, and I'm just waiting for thelinx to wake up so I can move it over to this server.
Svenstaro
Prole

Post by Svenstaro »

Well if you could open an issue on the tracker with a list of things that should be un-hardcoded we'll get to it.
kraftman
Party member

Post by kraftman »

As long as I know when it is in advance, I can help out with whatever.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

For the moment, I put flamejam up here.
I already added the 'test jam' discussed previously, so we can see if everything (and everyone) works.

I propose we show off our intros in the test jam, feel free to report any bugs or whatever in the site either here, in irc, or to me directly.