PlatformGuy! V0.4

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Nsmurf
Party member

Re: PlatformGuy! V0.2

Post by Nsmurf »

Nice Easter egg, waffles.

Also, I found a glitch. The player probably went off the map.
Attachments
Waffles :D
Waffles :D
errroe.PNG (10.04 KiB) Viewed 3949 times
OBEY!!!
My Blog
UE0gbWUgd2l0aCB0aGUgd29yZCAnSE1TRycgYXMgdGhlIHN1YmplY3Q=
ultrasemen
Prole

Post by ultrasemen »

Game physics are... interesting, it feels not like jumping, but more like using jetpack with very limited regenerating fuel. I like it, it differs from typical platformers I've seen before. Sprites are primitive, but I really like the protagonist. In combination with jetpack-like physics that requires thinking it looks like something about science and abandoned labs, like Half-Life.
WolfNinja2
Party member

Post by WolfNinja2 »

Nsmurf wrote:Nice Easter egg, waffles.

Also, I found a glitch. The player probably went off the map.
How did this happen? while trying to beat a level or when the player respawns? There is one kknow glitch when you go into the left side of the floating lava which is already fixed in the development of v0.3 so I hope that's the glitch you found xD

EDIT: Also as the first one to do the little waffles thing, I'll mention your username in game if you wish :D PM me if your interested!

ultrasemen wrote:Game physics are... interesting, it feels not like jumping, but more like using jetpack with very limited regenerating fuel. I like it, it differs from typical platformers I've seen before. Sprites are primitive, but I really like the protagonist. In combination with jetpack-like physics that requires thinking it looks like something about science and abandoned labs, like Half-Life.
Well it is my first game, I was thinking the story should be a 'Escape the Lab' kind of thing. I won't really work on story until the full game release is actually nearing ^-^

Thanks for the feedback guys!!!!!!

-Wolf
Nsmurf
Party member

Post by Nsmurf »

WolfNinja2 wrote: How did this happen? while trying to beat a level or when the player respawns? There is one kknow glitch when you go into the left side of the floating lava which is already fixed in the development of v0.3 so I hope that's the glitch you found xD
Yep, side of floating lava.
WolfNinja2 wrote: EDIT: Also as the first one to do the little waffles thing, I'll mention your username in game if you wish
Sure!
OBEY!!!
My Blog
UE0gbWUgd2l0aCB0aGUgd29yZCAnSE1TRycgYXMgdGhlIHN1YmplY3Q=
WolfNinja2
Party member

Woot!

Post by WolfNinja2 »

YAY! V0.3!!!!!! I think that there was a lot added in this version. Well not a LOT but more than last times. I'm sure there's a billion ways my code can be made better :D

Thanks for playing!

-Wolf
Puzzlem00n
Party member

Re: PlatformGuy! V0.3

Post by Puzzlem00n »

Woot woot! Keep it up! :awesome:

I found a small collision bug, but it only happens like one out of 50 times... It would take a while to figure out. But what you should at least do is make sure you can't shoot bullets on the menu. It breaks stuff sometimes...
I LÖVE, therefore I am.
WolfNinja2
Party member

Post by WolfNinja2 »

Gah! I knew I'd miss something! I'll make sure that it tests weather it's on start or not. Thanks Puzz!

How do you like the whole shooting concept? I already have a basic idea for enemies :)

-Wolf
Puzzlem00n
Party member

Post by Puzzlem00n »

It works, I guess. It would be better if you had to collect the bullets somehow, if you want an idea! And if the amount of bullets weren't just displayed in a number, maybe a bar of some sort.
I LÖVE, therefore I am.
WolfNinja2
Party member

Post by WolfNinja2 »

Puzzlem00n wrote:It works, I guess. It would be better if you had to collect the bullets somehow, if you want an idea! And if the amount of bullets weren't just displayed in a number, maybe a bar of some sort.
That sounds pretty cool, and i'll have little boxes that refill your supply, but a little graphic might be nice for the next update :)

-Wolf
substitute541
Party member

Post by substitute541 »

WolfNinja2 wrote:
Puzzlem00n wrote:It works, I guess. It would be better if you had to collect the bullets somehow, if you want an idea! And if the amount of bullets weren't just displayed in a number, maybe a bar of some sort.
That sounds pretty cool, and i'll have little boxes that refill your supply, but a little graphic might be nice for the next update :)

-Wolf
It's actually pretty easy to create the bar, just add a number which divides your current bullets (for example, 2) to your maximum bullets (for example, 10). Use that percentage (current/max) as the scale for the bar. If you don't know, it's like

Code: Select all

love.graphics.rectangle("fill", x, y, width * (current/max), height)
Oh the wonders of programming :P
Currently designing themes for WordPress.

Sometimes lurks around the forum.