dice3 for RPGs

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
ishkabible
Party member

Re: dice3 for RPGs

Post by ishkabible »

well until it gets split, I'll carry on, but ya that might a good idea.
Keep in mind that benchmark is using LuaJIT version 2.0 beta 5 or lower (the most recent is 2.0 beta 9). There have been numerous performance increases since then, especially in version 2.0 beta 6 and beta 7. As you mentioned, one of Java's main weaknesses ia memory management, and the roadmap for LuaJIT shows significant plans for improving garbage collection beyond its current (fairly good, especially compared to Java) state. Automatic GC taking up several milliseconds at inopportune times is one of the current major downsides to using a language like Java and Lua for games.
Well, I guess only a test would tell. LuaJIT is certainly competitive with Java. LuaJIT is likely to do somethings faster than Java, I just don't think this is one of them(it could be however).
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Codex wrote:Should this topic be split and a new thread about LOVE/3D/Minecraft be made? It seems like discussion has trailed off from OP.
Definitely. I shouldn't have pushed it down this route again. Whoever can, split it up.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Only if way wants it that.. way.