The FAKE (weird) Love!

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Mud
Citizen

Re: The FAKE (weird) Love!

Post by Mud »

Game looks freakin' amazing. Gorgeous, procedurally generated, MMO (moderately; ~200 players per server), action/adventure/world-building/castle-defense game with rather deep systems. The tools demo is particular hilarious; the guy's obviously a genius, and having a blast putting together all this shit by himself.

Pre-alpha engine demo
GDC 2009 gameplay demo
Tools demo (amazing)
Some gameplay footage
More gameplay footage (awesome music)
tentus
Inner party member

Post by tentus »

I was in the first group of alpha testers: the game is fun conceptually, but it runs into snags where Eskil's vision and the realities of human nature don't agree. For example, when I was playing, creating castles was tremendous fun- until another player accidentally destroyed my exit route. I was stuck in a hole of my own making.

It's a very pretty game, but needs more options to turn the effects down: dawn can be excruciating. The menus also take a little getting used to (but once you get them it's pretty badass).
Kurosuke needs beta testers
zac352
Party member

Post by zac352 »

nevon wrote:
zac352 wrote:
bartbes wrote:Indie is short for Independent, in this case Independent Developers, people without publishers, often working alone, or in a small team. This in no way means it's free as in free beer (Minecraft is indie as well), let alone free as in free speech.
Physibots is an indie game development company, then. :U
If you have registered a company,then yes.
I have absolutely no idea how to register a business. When I google it, I just come up with quickbooks and crap on how to RUN a business.

I'll ask my friend (who runs a business) tomorrow about it. :P
Hello, I am not dead.