It's time to share! :P

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
kikito
Inner party member

Re: It's time to share! :P

Post by kikito »

sunnysherry wrote:Because realistic people can't make new things because realistic people think what is not, it can't be but idealistic people think that what is not, it can be, So you have to be idealistic
Well, there's realistic people and realistic people.

Imagine a big chasm that everyone wants to cross.

Some realistic people just keep telling others:
- Hey, you have to be idealistic, follow your dreams! Jump through the chasm. You can do it!.

Then the people they convince to jump fall, and get crushed. Then realistic guy says "Yup, that didn't work. Just as I thought. At least I'm not the one who crashed. Ok, lesson learnt, don't try to jump the chasm yet".

And when the next person comes, they repeat the process:
- Follow your dreams! You can do it!
- Ok! iiiiiuuuuuuu....*CRACK*
- Nope, still doesn't work.

Sooner or later someone manages to jump over the chasm, either probably by sheer luck. Then the realistic guy says:
- You did it! I'm so happy I encouraged you! I knew you could do it! Could you give me some pointers on how you did jump the chasm?

There's other group of realists, who will stop anyone foolish enough to try to jump the chasm. Instead they tell you
- Don't try to jump the chasm all of a sudden. At least do some preparations first. Train your legs and your timing. Pay attention to the wind. Oh, and by the way. I'm building a bridge. It will take time, to get it done, but then we can use it to cross the chasm with no casualties. Do you want to help me build it?

Now, what type of realistic advice will you take?
When I write def I mean function.