Reading and writing

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Robin
The Omniscient

Re: Reading and writing

Post by Robin »

Nixola wrote:Why should text.txt become text.lua?
Because of
sanjiv wrote:2) What if I want to write to text.lua instead of text.txt?
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

Oh, I didn't read the 3 questions, I jumped directly to the post below after reading the code...
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
sanjiv
Citizen

Post by sanjiv »

[EDIT: Never mind. looked into how to show hidden files and folders in XP. http://www.microsoft.com/resources/docu ... x?mfr=true]

I'm using Windows XP. Are there special hoops I have to jump through to see my save directory? As in open up the folder and look at the files in notepad++? I used "dir = love.filesystem.getSaveDirectory( )" in order to confirm where the directory was, and it was basically where the wiki said it would be, in C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Love. But when I tried using the basic explorer to open the files and look at them, I couldn't see the Application Data folder.

I wrote some code that would write something after I defined the t.identity in config.lua. Running that didn't give me any errors so I assumed it worked, and thus assume that something was written somewhere--But where? I just want to open up the folder and look at it directly.