updated to 9.2 console window not showing

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
bartbes
Sex machine

Re: updated to 9.2 console window not showing

Post by bartbes »

LÖVE is behaving properly, but apparently a load of text editors are invasively and destructively.
rod_sn
Prole

Post by rod_sn »

But i mean if if works on 0.9.1 and stopped working from 0.9.2 up its something to do with love...

EDIT: After some tests, it seems like running from the command line makes the love console output go to the command window that started the game, and not the LOVE console.
Last edited by rod_sn on Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You certainly usually find something, if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after."
-Thorin Oakenshield, J.R.R. Tolkien
vrld
Party member

Post by vrld »

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

hump | HC | SUIT | moonshine
rod_sn
Prole

Post by rod_sn »

How is that relevant? You are just telling me to accept it? I mean, it all worked for everyone who builds love with sublime, and now it does not. Its not like the change made someone's workflow easier, its the opposite.
"You certainly usually find something, if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after."
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

For output to print to console in a text editor set t.conf to false. And do the buffer thing from the first page of the thread.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

He's telling you that löve became smarter by not opening its own console window, instead using an already existing one instead. That did indeed make someone's workflow easier by not having the console take up another window.

If the IDE of your choice would work correctly, that would mean you could debug your löve games/apps from its own console.
The fact that ST's won't work correctly has nothing to do with löve nor your accepting of this new feature, except maybe a bug report to ST about this issue from those affected. In short, we can't do anything, they may be able to.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

Well the issue is found in most IDE like atom and sublime. I think it's because internally their build scripts use shell cmd and love probably assume that is a console so it prints the output to nothing. When console is set to false I think ides are then able to hook onto the output. But this is just my hypothesis.
rod_sn
Prole

Post by rod_sn »

Well i guess i will have to run a batch file that runs the love build X)
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

Did you try setting t.conf to false and the buffer thing? That is my setup and I get print out put on windows.
rod_sn
Prole

Post by rod_sn »

I got it working tho.. If anyone wants something like the old console you can put this in a batch file and run it with the argument of your build path:

Code: Select all

@echo off

TITLE %1 Console ::dont know why this does not set the window title if i run it from Sublime
cls
"C:\Path\to\Love\love.exe" %1

exit
Thats how i did it. May not be the best way though.