Dragging an object/image, making it clickable

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
hryx
Party member

Re: Dragging an object/image, making it clickable

Post by hryx »

coffee wrote:You should add it to wiki snippets.
There's already a wiki tutorial page for mouse dragging. Though, it just contains a link to a blog entry on BlackBulletIV's website. Would it be useful to rework that wiki page?
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

hryx wrote:
coffee wrote:You should add it to wiki snippets.
There's already a wiki tutorial page for mouse dragging. Though, it just contains a link to a blog entry on BlackBulletIV's website. Would it be useful to rework that wiki page?
Hmm? Wiki snippets (https://love2d.org/wiki/Category:Snippets) not wiki tutorials. I just suggested add it because there isn't one of that kind and probably could help other people wanting to add some out-of-box easy drag-n-drop solution without have to mess with some other more complicated UI/GUI libraries from Wiki Libraries (https://love2d.org/wiki/Category:Libraries) or presented somewhere in forum.
gignat
Prole

Post by gignat »

more informative stuff....hats off guys !!!

thanks Marekk for the detailed reply of the whole dividing getWidth and height. The square you drew gave me a "lightbulb above head" moment :))

otherwise, is great idea what coffee suggested. The whole community is what makes Love special, so we should extend the wiki site, in any way we can, so others can start easier.

The drag and drop idea for a snippet sounds superb
hryx
Party member

Post by hryx »

I'd assumed that a tutorial on the topic would make snippets redundant, but I see your point. A quick blob of code in the reference would be handy for tasks you want to repeat often. I'll put together a simple one when I get up tomorrow. Probably a bit less generalized in style than MarekkPie's.
MarekkPie
Inner party member

Post by MarekkPie »

(pops collar) I'm all about the style.