[Solved] Easy way to make a multiplayer?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Diehl
Prole

Re: Easy way to make a multiplayer?

Post by Diehl »

kikito wrote:My camera lib can help you draw the split screen (it's limited to rectangular regions though)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12033
Yes, we would use the gamera, because we already used in our previous game and we really liked the library.

So, thank you for develop the ​​gamera! ;)
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

Diehl wrote:Yes, we would use the gamera, because we already used in our previous game and we really liked the library.

Cool :). Which game was it?
When I write def I mean function.
fysx
Citizen

Post by fysx »

Germanunkol wrote:You don't want to have any server on the internet from what I understand. This means that people playing together will need to manually send each other their IPs (more specifically, the host needs to send the IP to the other players).
Just a small note: for exactly this I wrote lua-findserver. You can get it here https://bitbucket.org/MartinFelis/lua-findserver. It allows to automatically find the server in the local area network using UDP broadcasts. This of course, does not work if the computers are in different networks.

Nevertheless this is also only tiny part in the big adventure to create a multiplayer game.
Bird thing: @fysxdotorg Blog thing: fysx.org
Diehl
Prole

Post by Diehl »

kikito wrote:
Diehl wrote:Yes, we would use the gamera, because we already used in our previous game and we really liked the library.

Cool :). Which game was it?
It was the Zuli: http://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=77467

Keep in mind that the game was developed with Löve 0.8.0, therefore some compatibility problems could occur with others Löve versions.
Zeliarden
Party member

Post by Zeliarden »

Coded a multiplayer test some month ago

client: a, d = move; space = jump; w=reset pos
server:mouse1=col obj; mouse2=no col obj; scroll= change grid; lshift=drag size obj
Attachments
Server.love
(11.88 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
Client.love
(14.3 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
Diehl
Prole

Post by Diehl »

Zeliarden wrote:Coded a multiplayer test some month ago

client: a, d = move; space = jump; w=reset pos
server:mouse1=col obj; mouse2=no col obj; scroll= change grid; lshift=drag size obj
It looks really great, but we choose to use only local multiplayer in the game with which we are currently working on.
Maybe in future games we finally do a game with online multiplayer mode, but not for now.

Anyway, thanks for the tip Zeliarden. ;)