LOVE doesn't do anything

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Davidobot
Party member

Re: LOVE doesn't do anything

Post by Davidobot »

Robin wrote:such rubber piggy

much useless

wow
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
Ekamu
Party member

Post by Ekamu »

Edit: sorry, kikito is right I should be more mature...
Last edited by Ekamu on Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

@xiaoxiao181: You've got a point that at the moment the LÖVE executable fails to explain what the user needs to do; it doesn't even point to the wiki. I created an issue about this myself. 0.9 should be a bit more clear on this regard, or so they tell me. In the meantime, follow @unek's directions.

@unek, this thread should have ended with your post. Contrarily to the rest, you didn't answer to the OP's harsh tone with trolling or aggressiveness. You provided useful information. Big kudos to you for that.

To the rest of you: xiaoxiao181's tone was not welcoming, but it doesn't justify the answers I am seeing. Maybe English is not his first language. So please stop the trolling. I thought we didn't do that kind of thing here.
When I write def I mean function.
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

I don't see anything in there that tells us not to troll other people who are ignorant, crazy mad and decide to insult the framework, the troll commnets had to be done.

EDIT:
Unless you're a mod, if so I'll just be quiet.
Last edited by Ranguna259 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
Plu
Inner party member

Post by Plu »

Perhaps we should also ask "what did you expect it to do?", because from this post we can't even tell if the person involved is aware that it's a programming framework. Maybe he was just looking to play some games.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Meh, I don't think we were being aggressive or trolling. I mean, it was off-topic and not helpful, but it doesn't seem harsh or mean-spirited to me.

If xiaoxiao181 perceived it otherwise, I'll apologize.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

Ranguna259 wrote:I don't see anything in there that tells us not to troll other people who are ignorant, crazy mad and decide to insult the framework, the troll commnets had to be done.
Your assertion would be correct if the rules were these:

1. Be nice to others. Unless they are ignorant, then you can troll them.
2. Be patient. Except when other people are crazy, then you can attack them.
3. Don't derail threads. But threads where someone is insulting, those you can derail at will.

But they are not. Read them again.

In previous versions of the forum I was a mod and was able to send notifications. Lately updates have removed functionality from the forum (like the karma) so I'm guessing the mod functionality is also gone. But maybe it's just restricted to some users. I don't know.

At the end, the choice is yours. I think you will do a better service to the framework if you resist the temptation to troll and just be nice and helpful.
When I write def I mean function.
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

1. Hey if someone is ignorant we shouldn't troll on them, I don't, it's not that person's fault that he/she's ignorant, I troll them when they are ignorate and when they know it and don't stop.

To point 2. Not attack, either derail or ignore.

To point 3. I usualy go off topic when the OP starts insulting with no reason, sorry about that but that's just what I do, they know that they are being stupid and yet they don't stop, you can't just ask them to stop, you have to pay them in the same coin.

I'll always be nice and helpfull to people that want to cooperate and not for those don't. Maybe the OP is a troll and we don't even know it, that's why some people trolled back.
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

this person who made this post should just shut up and read the guidelines on the god damn wiki!
bekey
Party member

[]

Post by bekey »

-snip-
Last edited by bekey on Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.