Astoroid - Space Shooter [WIP]

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Dola
Prole

Re: Astoroid - Space Shooter [WIP]

Post by Dola »

timmeh42 wrote:Oh darn, I was mentally developing this exact same idea for a while now, but now I've seen this I guess there's no need - what you've got here is great!
A few things though:

- Are you going to limit the speed at which you can rotate around the planet?
- Would you consider a more structured wave style, as in Space Invaders (what I was originally planning)
- With space invaders style, would there be shields (physical obstacles for the enemy)?

I'm afraid I can't comment much on the code, but what is the AST percentage for? Enemies just seem to bounce off the asteroid.

-Not intending to limit the rotation speed for now.

-The waves are going to be pretty much random, i only determine de duration, the amount of enemies per wave and the group of enemies that will come.
The directions the enemies come from is random, the enemy apearances are distributed in a random order.Some enemy types have more chances of appearing than anothers.The amount of enemies per wave increases and harder enemy types start showing up more often as the waves go and the player gets upgrades.

-No obstacles for now.Would not make much sense with the game plot(yes, a space shooter with a plot).

-They were meant to do damage :? , it's fixed now.The other enemies that show up shoot the asteroid and do damage normally.

Screenshot of the current game:
7qL0d.png
7qL0d.png (76.64 KiB) Viewed 150 times
Updated version,bug fixed, also removed a sound file that wasn't being used that was making the game heavier.
Attachments
Astoroid(2).love
(6.38 MiB) Downloaded 136 times