Completely new; Looking for mentor

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Nanopls
Prole

Re: Completely new; Looking for mentor

Post by Nanopls »

Faren wrote:I'm sorry nanoples, but iI'vbe posted a detailed reply twice, but the admin have kindly deleted it for whatever reason.
Well shit. If you wanted me to, I could post my Skype or Steam or maybe an email address or something if you need to contact me in some other way.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Faren wrote:I'm sorry nanoples, but iI'vbe posted a detailed reply twice, but the admin have kindly deleted it for whatever reason.
I see nothing like that in the logs, and you shouldn't be spam-checked anymore, so that wouldn't be an issue.
Faren
Prole

Post by Faren »

xcloud is a varible

he's using superclass to create objects

Therefore, you can manipulate objects from the main class.

Sorry if this was short.

I did write a long explanation.
Faren
Prole

Post by Faren »

bartbes wrote:
I see nothing like that in the logs, and you shouldn't be spam-checked anymore, so that wouldn't be an issue.
I appreciate the reassurance but that genuinely really happened. Perhaps your server was experiencing some downtime and I was unlucky? I dunno.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

I further examined the logs, and did find your earlier post was being blocked, but I assume that was from back when you were below the (5) post threshold, due to the amount of links, I haven't found anything newer though. Unfortunately I can't trace what happened, and can only assume this was a glitch somewhere. That said, we did roll out new anti-spam measures today (which you've obviously already met).
Faren
Prole

Post by Faren »

Well, I'm clearly a real human being and not here to spam. Perhaps you could work on that.
vrld
Party member

Post by vrld »

Faren wrote:Well, I'm clearly a real human being and not here to spam.
That's exactly what a spambot would say. :roll:
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

hump | HC | SUIT | moonshine
Nanopls
Prole

Post by Nanopls »

Okay so I am 100% lost on the video about states. I have watched it about 3 times over and I just have no idea what he is on about. I feel like reading through some Lua book would have been a lot easier to do first because were I to try something of my own now, I would spend 80% of the time Googling for code that would give me some basic function.
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

Faren wrote:Well, I'm clearly a real human being and not here to spam. Perhaps you could work on that.
It is difficult - about 28,000 spam accounts have registered since January 19th. We were getting about 800 new spam posts per day at one point. Today some new measures have been implemented, but they're still being tweaked to strike a good balance between keeping spam away and recognizing legit posters.
Last edited by slime on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faren
Prole

Post by Faren »

Nanopls wrote:Okay so I am 100% lost on the video about states. I have watched it about 3 times over and I just have no idea what he is on about. I feel like reading through some Lua book would have been a lot easier to do first because were I to try something of my own now, I would spend 80% of the time Googling for code that would give me some basic function.
You would get that with any programming languge. But I think it fundamentally illustrates my point.

If you understand control structures, you understand programming.

That is the whole point right? Many programmers like myself don't understand why non programmers such as yourself can't see that.

It's that simple.