trAInsported

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Germanunkol
Party member

Re: trAInsported: Alpha testers needed

Post by Germanunkol »

Ok, good that you figured it out. In love, I could use threads for the AIs. But that would again give me similar problems with timing - to continue the game I need to know which way a traib nants to go. So I need to wait for the function to end, making threads useless :(
trAInsported - Write AI to control your trains
Bandana (Dev blog) - Platformer featuring an awesome little ninja by Micha and me
GridCars - Our jam entry for LD31
Germanunkol.de
AnToHu0
Prole

Post by AnToHu0 »

I have one more idea... again! :)
Now all AI`s competes in random order. What if you create a leagues? one for pathfinding AI`s and one for those who orients situatively on junktions? In my opinion it will be much more justly and interesting. For now pathfing AI`s does not give a chance to win to situative-oriented - it is not fair.
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

That's a good idea! I'll give it some thought.
The problem would be finding out what category an AI would fit into... I'd have to sort manually, which I - really - don't want to do!

I have had some "special events" in mind, like, for example, letting the 2 best AIs battle on a large map once every day or so... for more points. With automatically generated announcements on the site which say when the match is coming up etc.

I just changed the scoring system. Now, not just the winner gets points but also the second and third AI, I think it does the players more justice.
Bandana (Dev blog) - Platformer featuring an awesome little ninja by Micha and me
Germanunkol.de
AnToHu0
Prole

Post by AnToHu0 »

I just changed the scoring system. Now, not just the winner gets points but also the second and third AI, I think it does the players more justice.
Yes, i`ve check it yesterday - that is good innovation. But rate P/M not look so good with 200 or 300% values. May be best choise is just factor, without multiplying by 100% ?
asfreng
Prole

Post by asfreng »

AnToHu0 wrote:
Yes, i`ve check it yesterday - that is good innovation. But rate P/M not look so good with 200 or 300% values. May be best choise is just factor, without multiplying by 100% ?
Agree, and u can put how many points people gets in the matchs, like:

Stupid-Fixed (Wojak): 19 passengers (+3)
phoenix (jonyzz): 18 passengers (+2)
icrawler_test (substitute541): 8 passengers (+1)
smll_1.1 (smll): 5 passengers (+0)
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

asfreng wrote:
AnToHu0 wrote:
Agree, and u can put how many points people gets in the matchs, like:

Stupid-Fixed (Wojak): 19 passengers (+3)
phoenix (jonyzz): 18 passengers (+2)
icrawler_test (substitute541): 8 passengers (+1)
smll_1.1 (smll): 5 passengers (+0)
Both very good remarks/Ideas, so I implemented them! http://trainsportedgame.no-ip.org/index.php
Germanunkol.de
asfreng
Prole

Post by asfreng »

Good work :neko:
AnToHu0
Prole

Post by AnToHu0 »

Caught this error after connecting to live match and after some fastforward rewinding: http://pastebin.com/ahm6ng4y
and another one, when connecting between two matches: http://pastebin.com/fnQLsJyH - this appears everytime i tried to connect for 1 ot 2 minutes, arter that i connect successfully.(additional info: my ai competes on server at this time, if it matters)
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

AnToHu0 wrote:Caught this error after connecting to live match and after some fastforward rewinding: http://pastebin.com/ahm6ng4y
and another one, when connecting between two matches: http://pastebin.com/fnQLsJyH - this appears everytime i tried to connect for 1 ot 2 minutes, arter that i connect successfully.(additional info: my ai competes on server at this time, if it matters)
Thanks!
I have had this error as well. It is caused by a bad packet being sent from the server - I thought I had fixed it. However, it should catch the event and not crash - that should be fixed now and should work in future versions. Thanks!
Germanunkol.de
asfreng
Prole

Post by asfreng »

fast forward never works, at least for me, the time run but the trains gets frozen, its a bug or something?, i never cant watch the running match