What can I do on this site?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
substitute541
Party member

Re: What can I do on this site?

Post by substitute541 »

shatterblast wrote:I like ZeroBrane for editing. It even has a mode for Love 2D under the menus of:

Project --> Lua Interpreter --> Love2d

The software is free, but the developer does ask for donations.

http://studio.zerobrane.com/
Hmm, interesting. I'll try it, as Sublime Text 2's babbling about "buy license" is getting annoying.

Edit: Ran it, and it looks like Eclipse. Not bad!
Currently designing themes for WordPress.

Sometimes lurks around the forum.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

I can't stand using apps on OS X that don't feel like OS X apps. They're usually quickly thrown together UI's designed for Windows with Linux and OS X as an afterthought that they just throw a wrapper around and it ends up not feeling right.

Sublime Text 2 isn't that bad at nagging. It only does it once every few hundred saves. Be glad it's not a 30-day trial or every single time you save or a limit of 1000 characters.
shatterblast
Party member

Post by shatterblast »

scutheotaku wrote: Hmm, I had never heard of that one. It seems really nice!
substitute541 wrote: Hmm, interesting. I'll try it, as Sublime Text 2's babbling about "buy license" is getting annoying.

Yeah, one of the reasons I love this editor is so I don't have to package the main.lua into a zipped LOVE file everytime to see how something runs. I'm sure there are other clean ways of doing it. ZeroBrane just happens to natively support LUA, which I like.
scutheotaku
Party member

Post by scutheotaku »

shatterblast wrote:
scutheotaku wrote: Hmm, I had never heard of that one. It seems really nice!
substitute541 wrote: Hmm, interesting. I'll try it, as Sublime Text 2's babbling about "buy license" is getting annoying.

Yeah, one of the reasons I love this editor is so I don't have to package the main.lua into a zipped LOVE file everytime to see how something runs. I'm sure there are other clean ways of doing it. ZeroBrane just happens to natively support LUA, which I like.
Just so you know, you can do this with both Notepad++ and Sublime Text 2 too (at least on Windows).