trAInsported

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
gennn
Prole

Re: trAInsported: Alpha testers needed

Post by gennn »

Hi, I have another problem: if I go on Compete I have no AI to choose from.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Germanunkol wrote:Good point.
I was going to use functions instead of do ... end blocks, because that way a object oriented approach in the form of:

Code: Select all

object = {}
function object.new()
end

return object
would not be destroyed.
Even better than do ... end.
Germanunkol wrote:How about this approach: The upload script looks for all the require calls and then automatically zips those files and uploads the zipped file? That way users wouldn't have to deal with it...
That would be better than that including thing.
Germanunkol wrote:No idea how to do this though.
You'll either need to use native tools for zipping (which might be a problem on Windows), or use some sort of LuaZip library that probably exists. I guess.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

gennn wrote:Hi, I have another problem: if I go on Compete I have no AI to choose from.
Could you try running the attached .love file and tell me your console output? I really need to get access to a win PC -.-
Edit: Never mind. The file wasn't working. I think I got it figured out now...
Robin wrote: You'll either need to use native tools for zipping (which might be a problem on Windows), or use some sort of LuaZip library that probably exists. I guess.
I guess I'll try to get the server to actually load the zip files first and run the AI in them. If that works I can still think about a way to automatically zip the files - maybe. Until then I can just let the users zip it...
trAInsported - Write AI to control your trains
Bandana (Dev blog) - Platformer featuring an awesome little ninja by Micha and me
GridCars - Our jam entry for LD31
Germanunkol.de
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

Update: Added a new file to the first post. This one should also work on windows now.

Most important changes:
  • Added "require" function (or at least an interface to it) to the AI API
  • Added more sounds
  • Fixed windows file loading/storing
  • Updated the API.
Bandana (Dev blog) - Platformer featuring an awesome little ninja by Micha and me
Germanunkol.de
vitaminx
Citizen

Post by vitaminx »

Hi, I just looked at your homepage and I noticed that the download links are not yet working.
Seems that the only way to get your game is via github.

Just some days ago I finished a cgi bash script for my game that automatically builds a love archive each time something is commited to the github code.
I don't know how you host your game website, but if it's with Linux then it might be helpful.

You can find the cgi script here: https://github.com/humansarepuppies/suk ... itpush.cgi.
You also need to enable "WebHook URL" in github and point it to the cgi script address.

It works like this:
Each time you commit something to your project, github connects to the cgi script and sends the changes in JSON format as postdata.
The script reads the data and checks if something below /code has changed, that's a directory in my repo, you may not need this grep for your code.
If there's a change below /code it clones the current git repo from github to /tmp, then packs and moves it to the webserver location.

The script gives each "build" a new timestamp, but it should be easy to change the script to give it a version number or just the same name as previous builds.

Hope that you find this useful (or anyone else here).

Have fun,
vitaminx
vitaminx
Citizen

Post by vitaminx »

Don't know if this has been mentioned already, but your list of screen sizes in the settings is impractical, if not buggy :P
I have 2 HD monitors which results in a large set of resolutions, they're just cut off in the window (should be up to 1920x1080).

I've attached a screenshot, should be obvious :P
Attachments
screen_res.png
screen_res.png (31.7 KiB) Viewed 3502 times
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

Hi, thanks for the script-Idea!
That might come in really handy, yes!

So far I have not posted the .love on the website, you can only get it from this forum (see first post in the thread for the newest version). I wanted to get the game tested by some lovers before I expose it to the broad public.
But when I do make it public, I'll check out your script - it's a good idea!

I did not yet figure out why the screen resolutions go off the screen, yes. I'll look into it... they're supposed to be wrapped around (and sometimes that works).
Edit: Fixed. I checked for the screen width instead of the screen height. My bad.
Germanunkol.de
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

It's working!
I wrote a .svg file creator which will generate charts displaying the outcome of the last match ... all automatically! The result is then stored on the website. Now you can actually follow how badass phoenix is :D Check it out:
http://trainsportedgame.no-ip.org/index.php
Germanunkol.de
substitute541
Party member

Post by substitute541 »

Could you put the download link in dropbox now. I want to download it in a downloader... And yes, I do have a crappy net.
Currently designing themes for WordPress.

Sometimes lurks around the forum.
Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

Post by Taehl »

I tried it out for the first time.

1) Loading was super-slow. Why make 19 threads generate images at the same time, instead of generating 1 image at a time?
2) The game brings my whole system to a crawl. Unless I minimize the window (to force-pause it), every action on my desktop takes like 30 seconds to happen.
3) I tried the first tutorial level. I got to the part where it tells you to print("Hello trAIns!"), and am stuck. It won't let me continue the tutorial, despite following its instructions.
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.