RGBuried

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
alts
Prole

RGBuried

Post by alts »

Hey everyone,
I've lurked the forums for a while, and used to hang out in IRC a while back as well, but never really talked much. I just finished my first real project with Love, though, and thought I'd share.

RGBuried is a puzzle game mainly inspired by Tetris and Mr. Driller. It's a score attack game where you have to maintain a combo by breaking blocks in a Red->Green->Blue->Red->... sequence. There's a timer ticking down as well that gets shorter as you break more blocks.

Give it a shot, and let me know what you think.
http://games.evilrobotstuff.com/rgburied/

You should find Mac and Windows binaries at the above link, but I figured it'd be easier to share .love files here anyway, so:
http://games.evilrobotstuff.com/rgburied/rgburied.love

I made this with 0.7.2, and haven't touched anything related to 0.8, so I make no promises about compatibility.

Libraries used:
Dildo (not in this version, though)
inspect
hump
slam
LuaWeaver
Party member

Re: RGBuried

Post by LuaWeaver »

Interesting concept and execution of an idea. I like it, nice work on this, alts.
"your actions cause me to infer your ego is the size of three houses" -finley
qaisjp
Party member

Post by qaisjp »

Nice stuff! Fun but not a lot of gameplay out of it.
Lua is not an acronym.
Ensayia
Party member

Post by Ensayia »

This is actually freaky fun to play. I like how dynamic it is, and even the few sounds it has give it a sort of charm.

I would be very interested in seeing a more polished version perhaps even with power-ups and various game modes.

If you need any help, feel free to ask here on the forums or contact me personally. I can be found on Google Talk and I frequent the IRC channel as well.
alts
Prole

Post by alts »

qaisjp wrote:Nice stuff! Fun but not a lot of gameplay out of it.
I don't mean to be defensive, but what about it leaves it without much gameplay? I guess I don't understand the criticism. It certainly is simple, I'll give you that.
Ensayia wrote:This is actually freaky fun to play. I like how dynamic it is, and even the few sounds it has give it a sort of charm.

I would be very interested in seeing a more polished version perhaps even with power-ups and various game modes.

If you need any help, feel free to ask here on the forums or contact me personally. I can be found on Google Talk and I frequent the IRC channel as well.
Thanks Ensayia! I certainly would like to make a more polished version of the game. It definitely starts with an asset upgrade and a resolution increase. I'm probably going to take a break from the game to work on other things, though, but when I get back to it, I'll definitely reach out. I really appreciate it.
qaisjp
Party member

Post by qaisjp »

Sorry I'm getting a bit of mixed feelings about this game. Great game, nice gameplay. But personally I feel the window is too small, i feel it should be in 0.8.0 and the player square is too basic.
Overall great game.
Lua is not an acronym.