Platformy - 26/09/12

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
dreadkillz
Party member

Re: Platformy - 03/09/12

Post by dreadkillz »

Ah silly me. I only played the first version of the demo and did a cursory glance at the first screenshot. Very well done regardless. Everything runs smoothly when I played it. Did not notice any collision issue at all.
Lafolie
Inner party member

Re: Platformy - 26/09/12

Post by Lafolie »

I posted a newer version of the game to try. Happy bug hunting, I'll be glad if you find things I don't already know about :)
Do you recognise when the world won't stop for you? Or when the days don't care what you've got to do? When the weight's too tough to lift up, what do you? Don't let them choose for you, that's on you.
Gravy
Citizen

Post by Gravy »

This looks and feels great. I did find one bug. There is a ramp on the upper right, and when I run up it and get to the little platform there, I get stuck on the platform until I jump.
tv_user
Citizen

Post by tv_user »

First of all, good job Lafolie!
I found the following "bugs":
1. When I walk against a wall for a couple of seconds and then turn around, it stuck's the character in place for a second before it actually starts moving again. This seems to be more evident in some walls and almost inexistent with others.
2. The after-images stop working after a while if you keep walking in the same direction.
And that's enough for now I guess =)
Anyway, nice platform, and I hope you keep improving it.
Did my comment help/offended you? Use the Karma button!!
LÖVEing each day...
Lafolie
Inner party member

Post by Lafolie »

Thanks.
Gravy wrote:There is a ramp on the upper right, and when I run up it and get to the little platform there, I get stuck on the platform until I jump.
Do you mean here?
If so, that's not a bug, that's simply lack of a layer to draw an 'edge' tile. Moreover, you are thinking that there is a ramp tile there when there isn't.
tv_user wrote:1. When I walk against a wall for a couple of seconds and then turn around, it stuck's the character in place for a second before it actually starts moving again. This seems to be more evident in some walls and almost inexistent with others.
I suspect that this is because of high dt. I'm about to update the original post with code that should fix this.
tv_user wrote:2. The after-images stop working after a while if you keep walking in the same direction.
That's not a bug, although I'm unsure as to whether I like it.
Do you recognise when the world won't stop for you? Or when the days don't care what you've got to do? When the weight's too tough to lift up, what do you? Don't let them choose for you, that's on you.
qaisjp
Party member

Post by qaisjp »

Nice stuff, It took me a few minutes to realize the wall-jump. Good mechanics, awesome!
Lua is not an acronym.