Unnamed game

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
epichat
Prole

Unnamed game

Post by epichat »

I have an idea for a game that combines puzzles, action, platforms, and paint. Basically, the player has to use various paints with special properties to destroy robots, not be sucked into space, etc.
The red paint might be the funnest and the most dangerous paint in the game. Basically it catches fire and explodes after being applied to a surface. Since lots of things will be destructible the red paint can be used to form a trench to trap robots and blow them up or can break off a high pillar to crush the robots.
Blue paint is sticky. If you have accidentally blasted a hole in the hull of a spaceship, you can stick yourself to the nearest seemingly static object and figure out a way to stop air from escaping before you suffocate. It can also keep enemies in place to find a more awesome way of destroying them.
Green paint is corrosive and corrodes robots. Basically all the paints can be used against robots. Anyway, it can be used to make a hole in walls. Since it corrodes in the direction of the surface it was applied to, it can be used to make holes in walls to maybe reach a boss level or find some cake.
Yellow paint is bouncy, so you can reach that unreachable cookie jar at the top of the fridge with ease. It can make robots bounce away (am I stealing too much from portal 2?), and other paints bounce off of it (this would make for interesting boss battles). If there's a hard to reach corner you absolutely need to blow up, you just use yellow paint. It also triples the velocity at which you originally hit it (unless you're going really fast down, then you die) so if you hop on it it send you flying.
I think I might add achievements. I just needed to get all that out of my system. Phew.
:D
Roland_Yonaba
Inner party member

Re: Unnamed game

Post by Roland_Yonaba »

Yew.
So, what are the plans ? Are you willing to realize that ?
epichat
Prole

Re: Unnamed game

Post by epichat »

Actually this was the reason of my previous post (which was also my first). I plan to keep integrating feature after feature until it is a completed game, like Minecraft did. Since I'm a newb at programming (not a n00b, there's a difference: http://www.wikihow.com/Define-the-Diffe ... d-a-Newbie) I am going to start small and build on the game. I'll make it with a few friends who are also interested in programming.
:D