SuperSprite - Draw and Animate Pixel-Styled Sprites

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
coffee
Party member

Re: SuperSprite - Draw and Animate Pixel-Styled Sprites

Post by coffee »

This is strange. I download the github version and export is working (it saves). But saving more than 5 frames animation (of 16x16) however takes a while ( more than a minute) so this makes for now not very usable working with SuperSprite. I think I'm having same richaapple problem. Saving a single frame 16x16 exports as 160x160 and image is draw in the middle and not in topleft corner. As a test I imported the faulty 160x160 image and that seems "work" too.
SiENcE wrote:Oh great!

Reminds me on "Pickle"
Seems great. However is flash based :/
SiENcE
Party member

Post by SiENcE »

Reminds me on "Pickle"
Seems great. However is flash based :/[/quote]

More bad, it's Adobe Air :-/. But nevertheless a great tool for gamejams.

I hope Supersprite solves this issue :D.
Spyder638
Prole

Post by Spyder638 »

coffee wrote:This is strange. I download the github version and export is working (it saves). But saving more than 5 frames animation (of 16x16) however takes a while ( more than a minute) so this makes for now not very usable working with SuperSprite. I think I'm having same richaapple problem. Saving a single frame 16x16 exports as 160x160 and image is draw in the middle and not in topleft corner. As a test I imported the faulty 160x160 image and that seems "work" too.

Reminds me on "Pickle"
Seems great. However is flash based :/
The reason for the slow down is most likely my (probably awful) way of making images larger, because I have to go through and build each frame pixel by pixel. I don't know any better way to do this - as I said, I'm very new to programming still.

The reason I ignore that is because the program isn't really build for exporting large amounts of frames that are 160x160 - instead you're supposed to turn down the zoom amount to about 2-4 and have the image only be 2-4 times bigger, that way you can have more frames with less slow downs. That being said, even though the program is slow at exporting, and it looks like the program has froze, it hasn't. This is why it's up on github - it really needs improving, and I have no idea how!
Spyder638
Prole

Post by Spyder638 »

Good news! I updated the github and some of the problems you guys have been having should now either be fixed, or you should understand why they're happening. (Mostly fixed though! :awesome: )

Here's a changelog
- Can now import images with frames of 16x16 or lower, as apposed to just 16x16. (To do this, use the options under the import button to define the width and height of a single frame, simple!)
- To avoid confusion the arrows for changing pages are now always visible. (As apposed to only showing when you rolled your mouse over the hot spot.)
- Import zoom button is now disabled and labeled "Coming Soon" to avoid confusion.
- Export zoom button is now defaulted at 1 to avoid confusion. (If you do not change this your images will now import at 16x16, turn it up to scale up your images.)
- If you're importing an image of which's frames are larger than the canvas, you'll be warned. (You can still import, however your image will be cut off.)
Download the Github version for this update.
ishkabible
Party member

Post by ishkabible »

just a suggestion but I think that allowing for scripted output would be very beneficial. that would allow files to be output that conformed to a certain libraries way of reading in animations for instances.
DePingus
Prole

Post by DePingus »

Not sure if you're still developing this awesome little app. If you are, I have a minor bug. When using the color picker (CTRL mouse click canvas) the color swatch doesn't update to the new picked color. Then when you move the brightness slider the picked color reverts back to the original color that was in the swatch. This makes doing shaded and highlighted areas a little more work, forcing you to select the color in the swatch; instead of just picking from the canvas and adjusting the brightness.

If you're not still developing this... Thanks! This is a great tool.