Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
romaniamiam
Prole

Re: Simple mutltiplayer pong

Post by romaniamiam »

I could try doing it in lua, but it might take me a bit as I'm not used to lua.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Davidobot wrote:Well, on Windows, you can open up LOVE .exes as archives.
They're apparently not archives as I explained. I have a program that can open EXE's as archives and these are apparently not.

I assume the only Löve code is the two .lua files there. The rest is all compiled and in a different language which is a shame. I only thought this would be a simple example I could use to figure out how to do networking since I was never able to make out what code does what in that older Volleyball game since there was so much extra code that had nothing to do with networking, I couldn't figure out what code I needed for a server end and what code I needed for a client end and what code was needed to simply send a piece of data across the network. I initially thought that this project would be that example until I discovered that the server part was written in something else which doesn't help me so oh well. Off I go to maybe some day find a simple networking Löve example that walks me through networking in Löve using babysteps.
romaniamiam
Prole

Post by romaniamiam »

Oh, you thought the exe's were lua... yeah sorry no, they're compiled in another language. Were you curious about the server code or the client? Because the client is obviously not compiled or anything but the server is. However the AU3 source code is the the sauce folder if you can make heads or tails of it. But even then I never comment my code. if you want me to recode it, comment it and all that good stuff I would be happy to.