Löve 2d demo on windows slowdowns every few seconds

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
lövemächine
Prole

Löve 2d demo on windows slowdowns every few seconds

Post by lövemächine »

Hi,

I Installed löve2d on my windows machine and when I run the demo it slowdowns of freezes every few seconds.
There is no similar effect on my os x machine.

Is this know bug or something? Is there something that I can do to fix this problem? If you want I can record the effect on my camera etc.
kraftman
Party member

Re: Löve 2d demo on windows slowdowns every few seconds

Post by kraftman »

Which version are you using? What are the specs of the machine? Are you really a love machine?
lövemächine
Prole

Post by lövemächine »

the latest, 0.7.2.
and my machine should be fast enough for "love". Intel e8400 and 4Gb memory and ati radeon 5770 or something.. and os is win xp sp 3 32 bit.
I am love machine. :joker:
erm my gf just rejected me... I almost had my pants down.. almost.
thelinx
The Strongest

Post by thelinx »

You may want to double-check that you have the correct and latest drivers installed for your graphics card.
lövemächine
Prole

Post by lövemächine »

This might be the problem. although other games works nicely, but I will check.
Why I told you guys about this, was that when I wanted to try some game idea and tried to find some nice engine, I knew löve and lua was also new to me. So was able to smash two bugs at the same time. But when I installed it on my machine and saw problems in demo, I rejected the löve(!) and my idea. Yesterday I wanted to give a try and installed löve on my macbook pro with smooth experience and instantly thought about other persons who might face similar problems and reject your beautiful engine. :death:

So at the end I mean that if there is a way to make löve more robust to avoid similar problems. Even if my drivers are bit outdated I hope that löve would work nicely. sure, my case can be only one in the whole world and this whole thread is futitle.

and sorry for my suck-ass english not-so-mad-skillzor
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

In my experience, a properly written LÖVE game runs fine on almost any setup, including crappy netbooks. The only problem is that things that make games run slowly on some setups won't affect other ones, so people develop games that run fine for them, only for them to lag on more powerful computers because of some issues the developers don't know about. Not sure what demo you looked at.
adrix89
Party member

Post by adrix89 »

Can you test in fullscreen if it happens again?
I use Workflowy but you can check out Dynalist as its the better offer.