Hello World!

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
danlthemanl
Prole

Hello World!

Post by danlthemanl »

Hey guys, I've been watching the Love2d project for a while, but now am really starting to love it. I just thought I'd say hi, since I'm new to the forum and working with Love and Lua for min main projects from now on. Lua is such a nice language. It's so simple. I come from a Java/C# background, coding in Lua is so fast and smooth.

Currently, I'm working on a level editor for future games I will make. The editor is a drag and drop entity editor. Placing, rotating and scaling various images and adding polygon collision (hopefully). I'm about 90% done (saving and loading left)
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Re: Hello World!

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Welcome! Glad to hear you're enjoying the experience.
danlthemanl wrote:Currently, I'm working on a level editor for future games I will make. The editor is a drag and drop entity editor. Placing, rotating and scaling various images and adding polygon collision (hopefully). I'm about 90% done (saving and loading left)
Sounds good to me! Are you going to post in the Projects & Demos section when complete?
danlthemanl
Prole

Post by danlthemanl »

Are you going to post in the Projects & Demos section when complete?
Thanks, I sure will post it for everyone to use.
Ensayia
Party member

Post by Ensayia »

I'm currently working on something which draws objects from love.graphics.polygon() so if you manage to get polygon collision properly working perhaps you could share?