LÖVE distribution website

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids

Re: LÖVE distribution website

Post by nevon »

Lafolie wrote:Also, for the download button, you could have one "main" download that brings down the binaries for the client's platform (I'm pretty sure it's possible to check the OS of the client and give out the correct files). Then you could have smaller buttons for the love/platform specific files if they require them. It would simplify things somewhat and be more streamlined for players/users who may not be sure what they need.

For example, if you got to the Skype or iTunes website, the page for your platform is brought up, though the others are still accessible in some way.
We're already doing exactly that. :P Basically there will be one featured button that says "Download .love" or something to that effect, and then there will be another button that automagically gives you the binary for whatever platform you're on. There's also an "other downloads" link that you can click to reveal a list of all available downloads.
anjo wrote:Feature request: a better name :monocle:
This! LÖVE Load was decent. But LÖVELoad is ugly. :(
Wrinkliez
Prole

Post by Wrinkliez »

This! LÖVE Load was decent. But LÖVELoad is ugly. :([/quote]

If it's a LÖVE distribution website, why not call it "Spread the LÖVE"?
tentus
Inner party member

Post by tentus »

Wrinkliez wrote:
This! LÖVE Load was decent. But LÖVELoad is ugly. :(
If it's a LÖVE distribution website, why not call it "Spread the LÖVE"?
If it's a distro center, wouldn't the "LÖVE Shack" or something like that be more appropriate?
Kurosuke needs beta testers
Lafolie
Inner party member

Post by Lafolie »

Oooh, another fun feature could be "random game" where it takes you a random project page. It could mean that you/someone finds your/a game that you may otherwise have not discovered, you never know! There should be a checkbox to opt out of this feature though.
Do you recognise when the world won't stop for you? Or when the days don't care what you've got to do? When the weight's too tough to lift up, what do you? Don't let them choose for you, that's on you.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

I still vote for LÖVE Distribution Center.
Lafolie wrote:Oooh, another fun feature could be "random game" where it takes you a random project page. It could mean that you/someone finds your/a game that you may otherwise have not discovered, you never know!
Interesting idea. It would be a bit useless now, because we see pretty much every game on the forums already. But perhaps, if the word of LÖVE spreads far enough...
Lafolie wrote:There should be a checkbox to opt out of this feature though.
It might.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
nevon

Post by nevon »

I just found out that I have shitloads of things to do over the next couple of days, plus, for some inane reason, we've decided to put up new wallpapers and paint the ceiling of our apartment. So that'll take another couple of days.

= I won't be working on this for a little while.
bmelts
Party member

Post by bmelts »

My vote's for LÖVE Shack (thanks Tentus). It fits and it's punny, which is more than I can say for the current name.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

I really dislike puns here. I have no problem with inside puns (libraries, memes, etc.), I quite like them. But not outward facing. Please let us have a tiny bit of credibility in the cold, hard, world out there. :monocle:
Help us help you: attach a .love.
nevon

Post by nevon »

Robin wrote:I really dislike puns here. I have no problem with inside puns (libraries, memes, etc.), I quite like them. But not outward facing. Please let us have a tiny bit of credibility in the cold, hard, world out there. :monocle:
I agree with this person!
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Robin wrote:I really dislike puns here. I have no problem with inside puns (libraries, memes, etc.), I quite like them. But not outward facing. Please let us have a tiny bit of credibility in the cold, hard, world out there. :monocle:
Here here!