Zombie Baseball

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
middlerun
Citizen

Re: Zombie Baseball

Post by middlerun »

I don't know where it's from, I just found it on some website.

So something's happening six seconds after a sound is played. I've noticed when I quit the game after some sound has played I get this on the command line:

Code: Select all

AL lib: ALc.c:1818: alcCloseDevice(): deleting 1 Buffer(s)
I just tried running the game, swinging the bat and quitting five seconds later, and I got that message. Then I tried swinging the bat and quitting seven seconds later. No message. So I guess playing a sound creates a buffer which is deleted six seconds later, and for some reason that's causing a crash. I tried it on Windows 7 (32 bit) and it didn't crash, so maybe there's a bug with OpenAL on Win7 x64?

I noticed a couple of other weird things when I ran it in Windows. The framerate was terrible, and the bat showed up as a white rectangle rather than the nice bat graphic. Could that be a power of two thing? The dimensions of the image are powers of two, but it's not square. Does that matter?
slime
Solid Snayke

Re: Zombie Baseball

Post by slime »

As long as each dimension of the image is a power of 2, it shouldn't matter whether it's square or not.

An interesting thing to note is that most of the FPS loss for people is probably because there are so many Lua calculations, rather than a graphics issue. I ran it (without vsync) with regular LÖVE and got 70fps, and then ran it with my OSX LuaJIT build of LÖVE and got 310fps.