Request a feature?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
piano_wizz
Prole

Request a feature?

Post by piano_wizz »

I couldn't find a way to request a feature so decided I would try on here, if there is another way of doing it please let me know.

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a feature were you can change the .love file extension if (say) a icon.png file existed in the root of the love file. ie that file would be used as the icon rather then the default love icon.
vrld
Party member

Re: Request a feature?

Post by vrld »

piano_wizz wrote:I couldn't find a way to request a feature so decided I would try on here, if there is another way of doing it please let me know.
You can request features, report bugs and suggest enhancements via the Issue tracker
piano_wizz wrote:I was wondering if it would be possible to add a feature were you can change the .love file extension if (say) a icon.png file existed in the root of the love file. ie that file would be used as the icon rather then the default love icon.
This will be difficult if not impossible to do because (correct me if I'm wrong) the icon of a .love file is defined system wide. Changing the icon of one .love file would mean to change the icon for all .love files.

But: on windows, you can change the icon of an .exe file (and I'm sure you can do this with an Apple .app, too), so you just have to create an .exe out of you .love file (see Game_Distribution).
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

hump | HC | SUIT | moonshine
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Yep you can do it with a .app as well, either by changing Love.incs (I think that's what it's called) in the Resources folder or adding your own .incs file and editing Info.plist to point it.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Something to that effect can be done on any modern system, the only problem is that there is no single solution for every platform, so it'll be a lot of work to maintain.
Help us help you: attach a .love.