Crash Logs

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Lap
Party member

Crash Logs

Post by Lap »

Since a number of players were having issues with my game crashing on launch I was wondering what information I should have them submit. All I can think of is

Graphics Card:
CPU?

If they even get a crash message at all it's usually just points to love.exe and isn't very helpful. Are there any crash logs or anything similar I can have them submit to help identify the problem(s)?
kikito
Inner party member

Re: Crash Logs

Post by kikito »

Have you given them the .love file separatedly? If it works, it'll probably be a problem in the way the .exe was created.
When I write def I mean function.
Lap
Party member

Post by Lap »

I have it available in .love and .exe and the people who have crashed immediately I've had try the .love version. Same problem either way.
tentus
Inner party member

Post by tentus »

I've been wondering the same thing... I've heard of random crashes from my local testers, and had a couple myself, and am wondering how I'm going to track down the cause. OS with Service Pack where applicable, CPU, GPU, maybe RAM, but I can't think of a whole lot else.
Kurosuke needs beta testers
Chief
Party member

Post by Chief »

I've been testing my project on my shitty school laptop, which can hardly run anything... I figured out that if you load to much on launch (pics, sounds, etc.) it makes the game crash. If i use threads on the other hand, it works much better. Loadings screen for the win!

Edit:

Another thing. If you HAVE to load everything on launch, keep it inside the love.load() function, and not outside like this:

Code: Select all

image = love.graphics.newImage( "fail.png" )

function love.load()
    -- code
end
Lap
Party member

Post by Lap »

I do have a lot of shit outside that load function so that's probably not helping ,but back to crash logs...
thelinx
The Strongest

Post by thelinx »

Could be related to issue #135.