Love Game Builder - Supports 5.0, 7.0

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
azin
Prole

Re: Love Game Builder

Post by azin »

Geti wrote:The point is less that "the codes have changed" and more that everything is just plain incompatible. Callbacks are renamed, modules removed, modules added, module functions removed, added and changed, everything is different.

0.5.0 is obsolete, essentially. No-one here uses it. Don't bother doing an 0.5.0 game builder, you won't get it tested by many people and you'll be burning your time.
i guess thats true. Does anyone know how to get love 7.0 working for me? lol when i run it there is no .txt with errors and i just get love.exe has encounter an error etc...
TylertheDesigner
Citizen

Post by TylertheDesigner »

Can we get some specs and what-not?
azin
Prole

Post by azin »

nvm installed it on my other pc and its working. now to do some changes on the current game builder.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Yeah, I definitely would try to get 7 running on your system. 5 is so old. I would never want to go back to it, and it's a waste of time learning it since so much has changed and become useless information.
azin
Prole

Post by azin »

Jasoco wrote:Yeah, I definitely would try to get 7 running on your system. 5 is so old. I would never want to go back to it, and it's a waste of time learning it since so much has changed and become useless information.

yea the only reason that i didn't moved on to 7.0 was because the pc i use most of the time wouldn't run it lol. im uploading my GameBuilder7.0 release i changed all the insert codes to 7.0 compatible i might miss some and some codes i left alone since i think it should work. since i am still kinda new to 7.0 there might be mistakes if there is mistakes then notify my ;P

i found an error with the image button code

Code: Select all

function love.load()
local f = love.graphics.newFont(love.default_font, 14)
love.graphics.setFont(f) 
buttonx=100
buttony=100
BUTTON = love.graphics.newImage("bg.png")
local buttonw, buttonh = BUTTON:getWidth(), BUTTON:getHeight()

imgbuttonx=buttonw/1
imgbuttony=buttonh/1
end
function love.draw()
love.graphics.draw(BUTTON, buttonx, buttony)
local mx, my = love.mouse.getPosition( )
if love.mouse.isDown("l") and mx>=buttonx-imgbuttonx and mx<=buttonx+imgbuttonx and my>=buttony-imgbuttony and my<=buttony+imgbuttony then
love.graphics.print("add your action here", 200, 200)
end
end
in 5.0 version this code would make it so that it would get the height and width of the image and when the mouse hovers and clicks on the image it would scale out nicely, but on 7.0 the left and top side of the image seems to go on forever. anyone have a solution to this? oh and how would i put in an animation. >_> lol
thelinx
The Strongest

Post by thelinx »

azin wrote: i guess thats true. Does anyone know how to get love 7.0 working for me? lol when i run it there is no .txt with errors and i just get love.exe has encounter an error etc...
https://bitbucket.org/rude/love/issue/135
azin
Prole

Post by azin »

thelinx wrote:
azin wrote: i guess thats true. Does anyone know how to get love 7.0 working for me? lol when i run it there is no .txt with errors and i just get love.exe has encounter an error etc...
https://bitbucket.org/rude/love/issue/135
thanks i'll check into that.

updated the first post with GameBuilder5.0v2, and GameBuilder7.0v2
GameBuilder5.0 is for love 5.0, and GameBuilder7.0 is for love 7.0. added more options to GameBuilder5.0, and for GameBuilder7.0 i revised the codes fixed the majority of the errors most of the stuff should be working now. i will continue working on this tomorrow getting tired lol.
EMB
Citizen

Re: Love Game Builder - Supports 5.0, 7.0

Post by EMB »

Any chance of syntax highlighting?
Request Programs
If Linux were a beer, it would be shipped in open barrels so that anybody could piss in it before delivery
azin
Prole

Re: Love Game Builder - Supports 5.0, 7.0

Post by azin »

EMB wrote:Any chance of syntax highlighting?
i will try and see what i can do.