Love2D 12 for Android problems

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Gunroar:Cannon()
Party member

Love2D 12 for Android problems

Post by Gunroar:Cannon() »

I downloaded Love12 for https support on android, and at this point I'll do as slime suggests and compile lua-https into 11.5, but as I can't do that now (don't know how, short on time, can't attempt it natively) I wanted to continue to test with 12.

The game I was coding runs fine on my old Samsung tablet, but just crashes love without an error message on my phone. (The same build of Love12, I downloaded it and signed the apk on my phone, then sent it to my tab).

It's a game that used to run with the older love, and other games and projects I tested still work.

There are also a few weird differences that may be related to the crash:

- The home interface for choosing games on my tablet is White, while on my phone it seems like the alpha has been reduced drastically, and appears grey.

- When a game is launched on the tablet it opens a "seperate" love2D instance (so that one instance still has the lost of games to select, while the other is actually running the game), though on the phone it just launches the game on one instance.

Reasons/Fixes?

edit: seems the crash was caused by calling love.filesystem.getInfo(SETTINGS_FILE) for a file that doesn't exist? I'm not sure, but when I made the file manually it worked (didn't have to do this in old builds, but then again I changed the code to support 12, will look for a fix).

Though a problem of some times the app just being a Black Screen with music playing in the background persists, until the app is minimized and then unminimized again.

But if one were to minimize the app before it completes it will throw an OpenGL out of memory error when trying to load a picture.
The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

-How to be saved and born again :huh: