The founders of [redacted] - a free point & click adventure

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
apicici
Prole

The founders of [redacted] - a free point & click adventure

Post by apicici »

Hello everyone, I just released a new game!
https://apicici.itch.io/the-founders-of-redacted
"The founders of [redacted]" is a pixel-art point & click adventure. It's the fourth installment in a series, following Uncle Lee strikes again, Once upon a Möbius strip, and Not enough time. Knowledge of the previous games is not required, as it is a standalone story.

You play as Ines, a 19-year-old (yes, she's older now!) aspiring writer. Hoping to find peace and inspiration for her second novel, she's about to spend a few weeks in [redacted], her uncle Lee's hometown. On her arrival she finds a mysteriously empty town, and her book-writing plans are derailed as she is recruited to save [redacted] from a paranormal infestation.

Depending on your playing style, the game should take 1-2 hours to complete.

The game is free to play. If you enjoy it, consider sharing it with other people and/or donating. We would really appreciate that and it will help us keep making games! As a bonus, if you donate more than $5 you get the game's soundtrack!
I hope you enjoy it!
cover.gif
cover.gif (113.02 KiB) Viewed 5567 times
dusoft
Party member

Re: The founders of [redacted] - a free point & click adventure

Post by dusoft »

Great!
snibo
Prole

Post by snibo »

The project seems cool, but please can you please provide an .apk for the game's download I have tried to play it on browser but it started lagging a lot. And I really want to play it on my phone
apicici
Prole

Post by apicici »

snibo wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:38 am The project seems cool, but please can you please provide an .apk for the game's download I have tried to play it on browser but it started lagging a lot. And I really want to play it on my phone
I'll look into it. The problem is that we're using an external library loaded through ffi, so I'll have to find a way to make that work on android.
gcmartijn
Party member

Post by gcmartijn »

Cool! Nice!

I’ve been working on making such a game as a hobby for several years now (a few hours every week), and I expect to be finished next year. I’m not sure yet what I’m going to use as an interface for touch screens; I’m focusing on desktop initially. I am also dependent on a 2D artist, whom I still need to find. It has been a learning process, and I’ve learned a lot about what to do differently in the future.

We’ve probably had to go through the same ‘problems’ to get everything working. At the moment, I don’t have an editor and use separate YAML files to link all the actions together. It’s essentially like an [engine], with the [game] in it, containing the [yaml] and other files.

What you have made looks very good!
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-08-15 at 09.11.31.png
Screenshot 2024-08-15 at 09.11.31.png (488.77 KiB) Viewed 4100 times
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

It seems to be ready to run without fmod, which is much appreciated. Thanks!
apicici
Prole

Post by apicici »

gcmartijn wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 7:30 am Cool! Nice!

I’ve been working on making such a game as a hobby for several years now (a few hours every week), and I expect to be finished next year. I’m not sure yet what I’m going to use as an interface for touch screens; I’m focusing on desktop initially. I am also dependent on a 2D artist, whom I still need to find. It has been a learning process, and I’ve learned a lot about what to do differently in the future.

We’ve probably had to go through the same ‘problems’ to get everything working. At the moment, I don’t have an editor and use separate YAML files to link all the actions together. It’s essentially like an [engine], with the [game] in it, containing the [yaml] and other files.

What you have made looks very good!
Cool, your system looks very organized. Makes sense not to focus on the touch interface for now, it took me 4 games to get that in (and savegames, for that matter!). In the end it was very easy to do, but only because starting from the third game I switched to using a single mouse button for everything, instead of differentiating left and right clicks.
apicici
Prole

Post by apicici »

pgimeno wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 9:09 am It seems to be ready to run without fmod, which is much appreciated. Thanks!
Yes, I set that up thinking of you XD