Issue on compiling the game

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
lizsparkle
Prole

Issue on compiling the game

Post by lizsparkle »

Hi, that's my first question on that forum, sorry if i do something wrong (Also my english's not the best)

When i first read the documentation for compiling the game i've noticed that it just simply 'turns' the .love file into an .exe file (I admit that i just didn't understood what it really does), but i've noticed that by simply renaming the .exe file into an .zip file just reveals the entire source code, there's some other way to compile the game, in order to prevent that from happening? ✨
marclurr
Party member

Re: Issue on compiling the game

Post by marclurr »

You can run a code obfuscation tool over your codebase, but that's about it.
zorg
Party member

Re: Issue on compiling the game

Post by zorg »

Not gonna bother editing the post itself to add this one too, but please do look through the links in the link below, it might prove illuminating:
viewtopic.php?p=223865#p223865
Short answer: No, and don't worry about it. Use a license, and work on your game instead. :3
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.