Not Pac-Man

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Maurice
Prole

Re: Not Pac-Man

Post by Maurice »

Mud wrote:Very cool idea. Looks great, too. A couple tweaks I tried:
  • Holding shift to triple rotation speed. This made it a lot more fun in keyboard mode.
  • Ghosts rolling around with you that you have to avoid. Made it a lot more challenging and interesting to play.
1.: Yes the keyboard controls where just an incredibly quick hack.
2.: Yes that's what I will actually do. You will have to "outsmart" them.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Maurice wrote:Well I don't plan on using it anyway, but why is it annoying?
Fullscreen is disruptive and unfortunately has the tendency to mess up desktop settings, resolutions not changing back, the works. So especially for a small, arcadish game, it is annoying.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Maurice
Prole

Post by Maurice »

Robin wrote:
Maurice wrote:Well I don't plan on using it anyway, but why is it annoying?
Fullscreen is disruptive and unfortunately has the tendency to mess up desktop settings, resolutions not changing back, the works. So especially for a small, arcadish game, it is annoying.
Alrighty. Löve needs unbordered window mode like source games.
Also Mud: any suggestions for the ghosts? I thought about making them like pacman but also push them towards pacman at least a little.
Mud
Citizen

Post by Mud »

Robin wrote:Fullscreen is disruptive and unfortunately has the tendency to mess up desktop settings, resolutions not changing back, the works. So especially for a small, arcadish game, it is annoying.
I greatly prefer fullscreen in games (I want to be immersed; I didn't buy a big-ass monitor for nothin'). But, yeah, if there are any technical problems such as those you mentioned, it's not worth it. Has to be done right.
Maurice wrote:Also Mud: any suggestions for the ghosts? I thought about making them like pacman but also push them towards pacman at least a little.
I added 4 ghost that roll around just like pacman, and that made it pretty challenging all by itself. Gotta think through every rotation.