Love 64-bit libraries

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
yhsper
Prole

Love 64-bit libraries

Post by yhsper »

Hi folks!

I want to build a 64-bit (arm64-v8a) compatible Android .apk for my game, so as to comply to near future Play Store rules. From what I could understand of their guide website, all I need to do is to create a arm64-v8a subfolder inside the lib folder, with the 64-bit versions of love2d libraries (libopenal, libmpg123, liblove and libgnustl_shared).

Is this all I need to do? If that's the case, is there a good place for me to find these 64-bit library files?

Thanks in advance!
raidho36
Party member

Re: Love 64-bit libraries

Post by raidho36 »

You would normally build them manually, from source code.
yhsper
Prole

Post by yhsper »

Yes, I imagined this would solve the problem. I was just wondering if there was an easier way to get these libs, since maybe someone here in the community had already faced this issue.
komarcek
Prole

Post by komarcek »

(Sorry to resurrect this old thread but it was made by the developer of Warlock's Tower which I just now managed to play on a 64-bit only device and I would like to provide some info for the community.)

Some games made using the LOVE 2D game engine only work on old versions of it, for example cityglitch by mindfungus (com.mindfungus.cityglitch) and Warlock's Tower by Midipixel (com.midipixel.warlockstower) were released with versions 0.10.2 and 0.10.1 respectively.

If you have a recent Android device with 64-bit-only Android 14, you cannot run APKs that don't have libs compiled for arm64-v8a (example: Google Pixel 8). Also on Android 14, the APK must target at least API 23 or it can't be installed.

I have compiled LOVE 2D 0.10.2 (which seems to be fully compatible with 0.10.1) from source using android-ndk-10e which adds support for arm64-v8a and set Target SDK Version to 23.

To play your game:
1. install the APK from below (don't run it yet!),
2. manually set its Permissions to allow "Files access",
3. then rename the .love game file (if this is for an Android game you might find it inside its .apk file which you rename to .zip and extract it from the "assets" folder) to .zip and
4. extract it to /sdcard/lovegame (use this exact folder name and make sure /sdcard/lovegame/main.lua exists),
5. then run "LOVE for Android".

Download: https://archive.org/details/love-androi ... -arm64-v8a